Biden's America

39 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't like the China Joe stuff, but what else is "fake news" that he pointed out?

It's a bit more complicated than its all Joe Biden's fault for being president for something like lumber price with Trump created tariffs, wildfires in the west, Covid 19, and the overall supply and demand. Even I at this point dont really know what Biden could do other than nixing those tariffs so we can get some more Canadian lumber. 

Gas prices didnt all of a sudden jump because Biden became president. Those prices would have raised under Trump if he were still in office. Perhaps even more so. Its exhausting that the rhetoric from "conservarives" is based on bad information that is pushed by Fox "News". Its nothing more than drama news. CNN is that way as well.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

It's a bit more complicated than its all Joe Biden's fault for being president for something like lumber price with Trump created tariffs, wildfires in the west, Covid 19, and the overall supply and demand. Even I at this point dont really know what Biden could do other than nixing those tariffs so we can get some more Canadian lumber. 

Gas prices didnt all of a sudden jump because Biden became president. Those prices would have raised under Trump if he were still in office. Perhaps even more so. Its exhausting that the rhetoric from "conservarives" is based on bad information that is pushed by Fox "News". Its nothing more than drama news. CNN is that way as well.

Yes to what you said and agreed that  it’s what we got for the 4 previous years from CNN, and I’ll add MSNBC, the Networks, and NYT, WAPO.  I guess it’s Fox’s turn to be the bad information network for these four years.  It was certainly exhausting to hear the rhetoric previously as it will be for those in the left for these four years.  

Maybe someday, a news network or paper besides Wall Street Journal will play the politics down the middle instead of being heavily slanted in one way or the other.  Wishful thinking I guess.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Yep, I get it. The blame can be argued ad infinitum, and the role of Fox or CNN in how people view "blame", but a lot of items he pointed out are actually true, regardless of which side you view them from . 

Regarding the lumber I also found this: 

The reason lumber prices skyrocketed to astronomical rates in 2020 can be explained using fundamental supply vs. demand economics. Demand for lumber increased dramatically during the summer months of 2020 as interest rates for home mortgages and new construction financing fell.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yep, I get it. The blame can be argued ad infinitum, and the role of Fox or CNN in how people view "blame", but a lot of items he pointed out are actually true, regardless of which side you view them from . 

Regarding the lumber I also found this: 

The reason lumber prices skyrocketed to astronomical rates in 2020 can be explained using fundamental supply vs. demand economics. Demand for lumber increased dramatically during the summer months of 2020 as interest rates for home mortgages and new construction financing fell.

And, the tariffs on Canadian lumber shrunk the supply.  Put a 20% tariff on wood, and that's what happens.  At the same time, American lumber mills were already maxed out so the supply shrunk.  It's pretty stupid to do when....hmmmm....Canada has way more wood than we do.

• Plus1 2

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-us-is-increasingly-dependent-on-overseas-lumber-supply-as-canadian-softwood-lumber-production-continues-to-decline-301210117.html

The importance of overseas lumber supply has increased in recent years as the supply from Canada has dwindled. Despite record-high lumber prices in the US in 2020, Canadian lumber shipments to its southern neighbor have fallen for the fourth consecutive year.  A reduction in the Annual Allowable Cut (AAC) in the province of British Columbia has reduced production volumes in that region by over a third in just five years.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't like the China Joe stuff, but what else is "fake news" that he pointed out?

The fact that TX energy is like 10% green energy and the reason the power grid failed is because they failed to winterize the grid due to not needing to follow national standards for one...

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-us-is-increasingly-dependent-on-overseas-lumber-supply-as-canadian-softwood-lumber-production-continues-to-decline-301210117.html

The importance of overseas lumber supply has increased in recent years as the supply from Canada has dwindled. Despite record-high lumber prices in the US in 2020, Canadian lumber shipments to its southern neighbor have fallen for the fourth consecutive year.  A reduction in the Annual Allowable Cut (AAC) in the province of British Columbia has reduced production volumes in that region by over a third in just five years.

Let's not pretend that Canada doesn't or shouldn't have a bigger influence on lumber for the US just because they're not producing as much in a part of British Columbia. Hell, even the article says as much with as little as it says. It's a very narrow view of the big picture. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Let's not pretend that Canada doesn't or shouldn't have a bigger influence on lumber for the US just because they're not producing as much in a part of British Columbia. Hell, even the article says as much with as little as it says. It's a very narrow view of the big picture. 

Who’s pretending?  Guess I missed comments attributed to me in that post if there were any.   It’s part of the lower supply problem as the article says.  It’s not just a tariff causing supply shortages as some suggest 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who’s pretending?  Guess I missed comments attributed to me in that post if there were any.   It’s part of the lower supply problem as the article says.  It’s not just a tariff causing supply shortages as some suggest 

Who said it was just a tariff causing supply shortages?