Biden's America

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No.  McConnell used the Reid Rule and precedent to make sure the rule was applied across the board to all federal judicial nominees.  All Democrats who voted for the Reid rule and even those who didn’t knew what the future outcome would entail.  Yet most were ok with it.  Short sighted on their part 

So, you're calling the author of the article a lier? 

Bold move.

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid changed the rules for federal judicial nominees through his nuclear option.  He tried to pick and choose which federal judges this applied to but that’s not how it works.  McConnell used the Reid Rule to apply across the board as it should once Reid broke that norm. 

He didn't use a "Reid" rule. Both men used an procedural rule that has been in place since the 70s.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you're calling the author of the article a lier? 

Bold move.

If you would point to that statement, that would be wonderful.  

McConnell standardized the Reid rule across all federal judicial nominees.  Pretty fair thing to do once Reid opened the door and changed the rules.  

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pretty much.

Please post the statement.  Thanks in advance. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

He didn't use a "Reid" rule. Both men used an procedural rule that has been in place since the 70s.

I know you like to nitpick for fun, Reid changed a Senate filibuster and wanted to do it selectively for his benefit.  The Reid rule.  McConnell said it doesn’t work that way, many Democrats agreed as they knew what would eventually be coming from the Reid rule. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You said McConnell did not create the rule despite the evidence that he in fact led the vote for the rule. That's a lie.

sure thing there Champ.  :)

Why wouldn’t he lead the vote?  Reid killed the filibuster for federal judicialnominees.  Why wouldn’t he play by the rules set forth by the opposition party?

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

sure thing there Champ.  :)

Why wouldn’t he lead the vote?  Reid killed the filibuster for federal judicialnominees.  Why wouldn’t he play by the rules set forth by the opposition party?

You literally posted it:

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid made the rule not McConnell.  Reid tried to carve out an exemption to his rule but as some have said on here, you can’t be a little bit pregnant. 

Tell us again how McConnell led a vote to change the SC filibuster rule but that really Reid. You're lying to continue trying to shift blame off of McConnell for his actions by pretending that Reid made a rule which McConnell actually made.

It's like complaining to a police officer that the guy in front of you was speeding therefore you really weren't speeding. I know Repubs only pretend to want personal accountability but this is ridiculous.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You literally posted it

I know, literally.  To show I agreed McConnell held a vote to finish what Reid started with Federal Judicial nominees.  Make it across the board.  Which you called me liar telling me I said McConnell didn’t vote on it.  Piss poor chose of words by you 

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Feel free to disagree with the truth.  Doesn’t bother me none. 

The truth is Reid cleared the way for partisan appointments for an average of hundreds of presidential judicial selections per POTUS.  Was that the right thing to do?  Who knows?  But, it in theory could have prevented up to hundreds of filibusters.  McConnell cleared the way for partisan appointment for an average of about TWO SCOTUS judges per presidential tenure. 

Reid's move did nothing more than offer McConnell a convenient, albeit extremely controversial, excuse for doing what he did.

Why don't they just get rid of the filibuster altogether?  At this point, I think that's what I would prefer.  No more minority rule.  Get things done.  Elections have consequences.  

• Plus1 3