Biden's America

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The number one take away from that article, for anyone with a brain, would be that we need to actually fix our immigration system and start allowing and attracting more beneficial immigration to occur.

We actually slowed down not only manual labor but also skilled labor from entering the country during the past 4 years. We need both.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The number one take away from that article, for anyone with a brain, would be that we need to actually fix our immigration system and start allowing and attracting more beneficial immigration to occur.

That or we need to make it less hard for people to raise a family (financially) and potentially subsidize larger families. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

That or we need to make it less hard for people to raise a family (financially) and potentially subsidize larger families. 

When you put it that way it sounds like a terrible idea for me, but I think there are better ways to put it...

E.g. the health care costs for pregnant women could be paid for by the rest of the population. If not through medicare for all then through some sort of specific to child birth program. I would think both the Democrats and Republicans could get behind this. Instead of fighting abortion the Republicans could incentivize not taking that option.

I'm guessing part of the problem is having a lot of jobs that are used to support a top heavy population, so when the boomers are gone it should self correct. But it's going to be a concern for the next 30-40 years.

• Plus1 1

Somebody has to try and save 2022. I guess trying to pin the defund movement on the Republicans didn’t work. 

“Biden calls for hiring more police, cracking down on illegal guns to combat crime”

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, nic said:

Somebody has to try and save 2022. I guess trying to pin the defund movement on the Republicans didn’t work. 

“Biden calls for hiring more police, cracking down on illegal guns to combat crime”

As far as 2022, it's going to be interesting. I see very few Avenues where Democrats can hold the house. If Republicans don't win at least 20 seats it means they're extremely unpopular. 

Republicans are playing a game where they make the rules, so they're going to win the house. The question is: by how many seats? 

• Plus1 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:42 AM, commando said:

the capitol looks much better with this crowd than it did with trumps crowd attacking it.

Looks like the same day, and every day that Trump was in the office, for 4 years.  Or, are you slandering about one awful day again?  Some of us have moved on. 

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, admo said:

Looks like the same day, and every day that Trump was in the office, for 4 years.  Or, are you slandering about one awful day again?  Some of us have moved on. 

moved on?    the guy who incited that day is trying to incite more of those days.    he and the conservative warriors have not moved on....and we should never forget what trump and his cronies did that day and are striving to do again.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, admo said:

The President during those 4 years worked hard during that time to build up to that awful day.  Those same people, and that ex-President, are still spreading the same lies that incited the actions on that day.

When they stop doing that, the rest of the country can move on.

• Plus1 1