Biden's America

29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Federal Government has very few jobs to do state and local governments can’t do.  Border Security is one of those.  It’s one of the basic jobs of our Federal Government.   This really isn’t that hard to understand.  

The incompetence of our current governmental leaders in doing this job is pretty astounding. 

I agree with that assessment. I didn't make any comment about the quality of job the government is doing, or about who should be taking care of the problem, or the merit of the problem itself. So what does your 'LOL' mean and what is it in response to? 

I thought about this question. How does the border situation affect me? I would say right now the answer is very little or in ways I haven’t thought of. In more general terms that many folks coming across will be a strain on the system short and long term. There is not zero cost for states away from the border.

on the other hand, I saw this...the man in charge is worried. Leaked A/V and hot mics are great.

https://news.yahoo.com/mayorkas-says-were-going-lose-152500701.html

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

What constitutes the far right?  I ask again.  What policies

let's start with throwing every republican who says anything discouraging about trump being thrown under the bus and called a RINO.   Romney, Cheney, McCain, etc.   dare to cross dear leader and be thrown out of the good graces of the Republican party

9 minutes ago, commando said:

let's start with throwing every republican who says anything discouraging about trump being thrown under the bus and called a RINO.   Romney, Cheney, McCain, etc.   dare to cross dear leader and be thrown out of the good graces of the Republican party

Interesting retort but thank you for the comment. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

It’s an interesting take using the 3rd Amendment like that. People need to start being responsible for rent.  It’s just not feasible to continue living “rent free” and expect property owners to foot the bill.

As screwed up as the situation is, I could see these folks winning and end up getting only service members evicted.   Wouldn’t that just be par for the course…

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

It’s an interesting take using the 3rd Amendment like that. People need to start being responsible for rent.  It’s just not feasible to continue living “rent free” and expect property owners to foot the bill.

As screwed up as the situation is, I could see these folks winning and end up getting only service members evicted.   Wouldn’t that just be par for the course…

Yeah, I agree.  

I know there are a lot of people that like the "stick it to the man" type of feel but a lot of people that have rental properties are not making millions off of them.  a lot of people just have a rental house or a 4plex.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I agree.  

I know there are a lot of people that like the "stick it to the man" type of feel but a lot of people that have rental properties are not making millions off of them.  a lot of people just have a rental house or a 4plex.

There are teachers in our district that own houses and rent them out.  Fortunately the tenants here are paying rent.

But if they weren't, it would ruin these property owners.  They wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage payments and who would want to buy that house knowing they can't collect the rent or evict?

I don't know the details, but can these landlords let the tenants know that their lease won't be renewed if they aren't paying.  I get the point (although I disagree to a certain extent) about saying "you missed rent this month, get out!".  But is it against the rules for the LL to say "your lease is up at the end of the year. Unless you find a way to get current on rent we will not be renewing the lease."?

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There are teachers in our district that own houses and rent them out.  Fortunately the tenants here are paying rent.

But if they weren't, it would ruin these property owners.  They wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage payments and who would want to buy that house knowing they can't collect the rent or evict?

I don't know the details, but can these landlords let the tenants know that their lease won't be renewed if they aren't paying.  I get the point (although I disagree to a certain extent) about saying "you missed rent this month, get out!".  But is it against the rules for the LL to say "your lease is up at the end of the year. Unless you find a way to get current on rent we will not be renewing the lease."?

The rent free crap needs to stop.  If you’re living there, you need to be paying. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My thought is,  at some point, personal responsibility has to be the driver for most folks.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Getting them out is a long tough battle as well. The eviction process isn't a cakewalk at least in NE