Biden's America

27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My teacher friends mostly dislike their jobs. Not because of students, but because of parents.

I personally have 4 friends - 3 at LPS and 1 at OPS - leave their teaching jobs. All of them complained that parents were one of the biggest reasons for leaving. 

I can confirm hearing the same thing from an educator as well.  

59 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My teacher friends mostly dislike their jobs. Not because of students, but because of parents.

I personally have 4 friends - 3 at LPS and 1 at OPS - leave their teaching jobs. All of them complained that parents were one of the biggest reasons for leaving. 

Parents are morons, they have no place in/at/around the school or on the boards.

It is sad because if you have a school with 1,000 kids and 2,000 parents.  1,990 of the parents are just fine...sadly the other 10 timebombs ruin everything.  

I have been lucky to teach at schools that have great parents and they thank us for what we do and are kind and helpful and normal.  I have had a parent (this was years ago) tell me "If Dirk ever gets out of line, just call home, and I will whoop it out of him" and he meant it and I loved him for it.

I don't really blame parents for being morons, I get that the "mama bear" gene kicks in and I get that parents get sick of hearing that their kid is doing bad in class.

I had a Dad-coach on staff years ago, great great guy, loved him.  One day he texted me about something super lame at school.  And sort of went off on me, something about a lunch table procedure (not a problem or issue but a procedure)

I was shocked...and I replied (he was a lawyer)...Hey, next time you have a case, let me know and I will give you some help with it.

He never replied.

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is sad because if you have a school with 1,000 kids and 2,000 parents.  1,990 of the parents are just fine...sadly the other 10 timebombs ruin everything.   

Yeah, I think this is accurate. Most parents are fine, but the small number of parents that aren't make the job extremely difficult.

Another thing I often hear is that there is almost an expectation to coach or lead extra curricular activities.  It suddenly adds a lot of time to a job,  where teachers already do work at home. Teaching is a tough job, I tip my hat to you and other teachers. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, I think this is accurate. Most parents are fine, but the small number of parents that aren't make the job extremely difficult.

Another thing I often hear is that there is almost an expectation to coach or lead extra curricular activities.  It suddenly adds a lot of time to a job,  where teachers already do work at home. Teaching is a tough job, I tip my hat to you and other teachers. 

You have two teachers

1.  Teach your classes and that is it, get the hell home

2.  Teach your classes and do all the other s#!t you can for extra cash (That is me, I love the extra cash, not because I am some teaching hero, just want that cash)

I worked with a guy that was one of the laziest humans ever once he stopped coaching, dude would not do a freaking thing, it was like he was totally over it.  He has left teaching.

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am not saying I support what has been asked be done.  But, reality is, parents have become more violent and threatening to school boards.

Heaven forbid an angry parent shows up and shouts at a school board because they disagree with the curriculum This is not equivalent to flying an airplane into the pentagon or blowing up a federal building in Oklahoma City.  I think it’s about trying to silence and intimidate people with a threat and the administration went along with it. It’s sad.

Some parents are getting out of control. That is for local law enforcement to handle, not the Feds. They are using them like a national police force against fellow citizens with whom they disagree. Hopefully the parents can settle down and make their opinions heard at the ballot box. Maybe they can move their kids to a charter, although those are under attack too. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, nic said:

Heaven forbid an angry parent shows up and shouts at a school board because they disagree with the curriculum This is not equivalent to flying an airplane into the pentagon or blowing up a federal building in Oklahoma City.  I think it’s about trying to silence and intimidate people with a threat and the administration went along with it. It’s sad.

Some parents are getting out of control. That is for local law enforcement to handle, not the Feds. They are using them like a national police force against fellow citizens with whom they disagree. Hopefully the parents can settle down and make their opinions heard at the ballot box. Maybe they can move their kids to a charter, although those are under attack too. 

21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

These parents are doing it all wrong. Everyone knows that if you're irrationally upset with something happening in your community you're supposed to do the socially acceptable things, like looting your local Target, or set fire to public/private property. 

It seems like a Wendy's always gets targeted for some reason.  

Back in the day it would have been a Radio Shack!  I would have walked out with a fat a$$ ghetto blaster that had sooooo many light up things.

image.png.51848319d9087df846b97309ed51d8b9.png

• Oh Yeah! 1