Biden's America

No word coming from CNN or MSNBC, so I'm not sure how valid? Nothing good happens after midnight, they say.

Midnight runs: Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in the dead of night

https://www.foxnews.com/us/midnight-biden-secretly-flying-underage-migrants-ny-night

Psaki denies transporting illegal immigrants at 2:30 am is 'middle of the night,' calls it 'early flight'

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

No word coming from CNN or MSNBC, so I'm not sure how valid? Nothing good happens after midnight, they say.

Midnight runs: Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in the dead of night

https://www.foxnews.com/us/midnight-biden-secretly-flying-underage-migrants-ny-night

Psaki denies transporting illegal immigrants at 2:30 am is 'middle of the night,' calls it 'early flight'

This is just f#&%ing stupid.  I'm sorry.

Obviously this isn't all a "big secret".  If they were flying them at noon, the headline would be "Missed your business meeting: Biden Admin giving preferred flights to migrants."

Americans are dumb!

The fact that enough Americans aren't insulted by "stories" like this and turn away from these outlets causing the media to change course just proves my point.  If you see this clip and think it's a big deal, you're a moron.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Obviously this isn't all a "big secret".  If they were flying them at noon, the headline would be "Missed your business meeting: Biden Admin giving preferred flights to migrants."

Americans are dumb!

The fact that enough Americans aren't insulted by "stories" like this and turn away from these outlets causing the media to change course just proves my point.  If you see this clip and think it's a big deal, you're a moron.

Maybe the left media like CNN and MSNBC should cover this story to show how hard the Biden administration is working to save money on flights and support a struggling industry.  We should also laugh at that on its face!

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Americans are dumb!

So no big deal? They don't deserve daytime flights? This is all a good quiet plan? While everyone is sleeping? :dunno

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Maybe the left media like CNN and MSNBC should cover this story to show how hard the Biden administration is working to save money on flights and support a struggling industry.  We should also laugh at that on its face!

Lol :movegoalpost:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, admo said:

So no big deal? They don't deserve daytime flights? This is all a good quiet plan? While everyone is sleeping? :dunno

Lol :movegoalpost:

So your beef is that they didn't get better flight times....Or is there a point outside of "fake outrage"?

These were charted flights to public airports.  We aren't smuggling them in with stealth military planes.

My point stands.

• Plus1 4

31 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Americans are dumb!

Jen Psaki is a moron.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So your beef is that they didn't get better flight times....Or is there a point outside of "fake outrage"?

These were charted flights to public airports.  We aren't smuggling them in with stealth military planes.

My point stands.

Texas has better weather than NY.  And these kids would be closer to their parents.

Just something you might not want to overlook.

Why so defensive about your president making midnight flights for young migrants? 

Thought some would be curious enough to ask questions about these executive decisions :dunno. Its not like I'm calling him names. There is no fake outrage. CNN hasn't said so yet.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, admo said:

Texas has better weather than NY.  And these kids would be closer to their parents.

Why so defensive about your president making midnight flights for young migrants? 

Thought some would be curious enough to ask questions about these executive decisions :dunno. Its not like I'm calling him names. There is no fake outrage. CNN hasn't said so yet.

obviously for the adrenochrome(sp?)

• Plus1 1

All I'm saying is, to look at your kids. Or your favorite kids in homeroom class. And ask, why they being separated from parents, put on a midnight flight to New York? Night after night.  Why? How is that good?  And placed with a "sponsor"

Even college kids get homesick.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, admo said:

First of all, He's just as much my president as he is yours.  I thought we went through that a lot the past 5.5 years.

If the choice is keeping them in overcrowded cages, but albeit "close" to parents even though they don't see each other and sending them to family members or "sponsor" groups that can offer adequate food, healthcare, and housing, it seems pretty easy to choose the humane option.

And again, none of this appeared to be hidden from the public. 

I have my same gripe with anti-Biden folks as I did with anti-Trump folks.  With all the truly stupid s#!t that goes on, why do you all insist on reaching?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

First of all, He's just as much my president as he is yours.  I thought we went through that a lot the past 5.5 years.

If the choice is keeping them in overcrowded cages, but albeit "close" to parents even though they don't see each other and sending them to family members or "sponsor" groups that can offer adequate food, healthcare, and housing, it seems pretty easy to choose the humane option.

And again, none of this appeared to be hidden from the public. 

I have my same gripe with anti-Biden folks as I did with anti-Trump folks.  With all the truly stupid s#!t that goes on, why do you all insist on reaching?

So, it's on CNN? :dunno

Ok.  I know what you are saying, and I'll get back to you between 2:30AM and 4:29AM, when it's just early.  Because, between 7AM - 7PM isn't quiet enough, to do things the right way. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

if I remember correctly it was just a couple years ago we all enjoyed cheap energy and energy independence. This article seems to blame Manchin for the higher energy prices in his home state. I suspect the residents think otherwise. If we can be energy independent using alternative energy sources and get it cheaper, sign me up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/politics/west-virginia-coal-rates-manchin-climate/index.html

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 hours ago, admo said:

All I'm saying is, to look at your kids. Or your favorite kids in homeroom class. And ask, why they being separated from parents, put on a midnight flight to New York? Night after night.  Why? How is that good?  And placed with a "sponsor"

Even college kids get homesick.  

Where does it say how these kids were separated from their parents?

There are too many of them for the temporary holding facilities near the border, so they're being sent to other states for processing. The last administration did this as well, sending overflow immigrants to Arizona, for example. 

A surge in migrant children detained at the border is straining shelters.

The number of unaccompanied migrant children detained along the southern border has tripled in the last two weeks to more than 3,250, filling facilities akin to jails as the Biden administration struggles to find room for them in shelters, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

More than 1,360 of the children have been detained beyond the 72 hours permitted by law before a child must be transferred to a shelter, according to one of the documents, dated March 8. The figures highlight the growing pressure on President Biden to address the increased number of people trying to cross the border in the belief that he will be more welcoming to them than former President Donald J. Trump was.

The children are being held in facilities, managed by the Customs and Border Protection agency, that were built for adults. The border agency has been the subject of widespread criticism for the horrific conditions in its federal detention facilities, in which children are exposed to disease, hunger and overcrowding.

Under the law, the federal government is required to move unaccompanied children within three days from the border facilities to shelters managed by the Department of Health and Human Services, where they are held until they are placed with a sponsor. Homeland Security officials have often pointed to delays by Health and Human Services in picking up the children as a reason for the prolonged detention.

Until last Friday, when the government lifted the restrictions, the shelters managed by Health and Human Services were at reduced capacity because of the pandemic. The shelters for migrant children are 13 days away from “maximum capacity,” according to the documents. The data shows the stress on the system designed to hold the migrant children as Mr. Biden tries to make good on a campaign promise to be more compassionate to migrants during a global pandemic.

Border agents encountered a migrant at the border about 78,000 times in January, the highest number for that month in at least a decade. Most of those were adults or families who were rapidly turned away under a pandemic emergency rule. The administration is expected to announce an increase in those crossings this week, according to officials.

The rules are different for unaccompanied children, who, rather than being turned back, are taken into custody, forcing the administration to find space for them. More than 5,800 unaccompanied children were found at the border in January, an increase of more than 1,000 from October 2020.

The Biden administration recently reopened an emergency facility used during the Trump administration in Carrizo Springs, Texas, to create more space for the children. The shelters where migrant children are supposed to be held have been strained. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention directed the shelters to return to full capacity last Friday.

Health and Human Services had more than 8,100 unaccompanied children in its shelters as of Sunday, with space readily available for only 838 more, according to the documents. More than 42 percent of the roughly 3,250 children in the custody of Customs and Border Protection were held longer than the maximum of three days, even though they were referred for placement in shelters by Homeland Security, according to the documents. Border agents had yet to refer more than 440 of the young migrants in its custody to the child migrant shelters.

The Border Patrol and Health and Human Services have long struggled to efficiently transfer migrant children to shelters.

“It’s a difficult coordination process,” said Janet Napolitano, the homeland security secretary under the Obama administration. She said the rise of unaccompanied children at the border presented an urgent challenge for the administration. “That’s why they need some facilities at the border,” she said, “and I think what they need to do is move as quickly as humanly possible to place those minors with a vetted adult.”

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, admo said:

Why should I be outraged over this?

• Plus1 3