Biden's America

1 hour ago, nic said:

The DOJ made a mistake taking this on.

Did they?

School Board President Says Threats Unjustified, FBI Will Be Alerted

In a district news release sent out soon after officials had canceled a Thursday afternoon news conference during which Toy-Dragoni and fellow board members Debra Wachspress and T.R. Kannan were going to talk about the threats, Toy-Dragoni said she has received threats over her school district e-mail, private messages through social media and on her personal cell phone.

The messages threaten: “every woman in my family with rape, every man in my family with significant injury, publication of my personal information on the internet, loss of my privacy, my murder,” Toy-Dragoni said.

“If all of this wasn’t disgusting enough, several e-mails my fellow board members have received are violently anti-Semitic. Many messages, including the threat of rape against my family members and me, were anti-immigrant. Other messages were horrifically transphobic.

“Because of the grotesque and pervasive nature of these threats, my colleagues are rightfully fearful about speaking out publicly.”

I mean... school boards are being threatened, and there's some pretty scary language being thrown around. Antisemitism is definitely the purview of the Dept. of Justice.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Did they?

School Board President Says Threats Unjustified, FBI Will Be Alerted

In a district news release sent out soon after officials had canceled a Thursday afternoon news conference during which Toy-Dragoni and fellow board members Debra Wachspress and T.R. Kannan were going to talk about the threats, Toy-Dragoni said she has received threats over her school district e-mail, private messages through social media and on her personal cell phone.

The messages threaten: “every woman in my family with rape, every man in my family with significant injury, publication of my personal information on the internet, loss of my privacy, my murder,” Toy-Dragoni said.

“If all of this wasn’t disgusting enough, several e-mails my fellow board members have received are violently anti-Semitic. Many messages, including the threat of rape against my family members and me, were anti-immigrant. Other messages were horrifically transphobic.

“Because of the grotesque and pervasive nature of these threats, my colleagues are rightfully fearful about speaking out publicly.”

I mean... school boards are being threatened, and there's some pretty scary language being thrown around. Antisemitism is definitely the purview of the Dept. of Justice.

Yes they did. And it will play out at the ballot box. If this is true, I hope the find the person and prosecute. Wouldn't it be up to local law enforcement first?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, knapplc said:

No, they didn't.

What do you think the Dept. of Justice does?

My guess is you think these threats come from domestic terrorists. The ask was way overboard and the DOJ should have told them so. The FBI could respond to a specific case referred from local law enforcement. I suspect the apology only came out because they realized what a political screw up it was.

• Plus1 4

8 hours ago, nic said:

My guess is you think these threats come from domestic terrorists. The ask was way overboard and the DOJ should have told them so. The FBI could respond to a specific case referred from local law enforcement. I suspect the apology only came out because they realized what a political screw up it was.

Well said. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.mediaite.com/news/aclu-accuses-biden-of-being-unaware-of-his-own-administrations-plan-to-pay-immigrants-in-scathing-statement/

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) accused Joe Biden of being out of the loop after the president denied his administration is thinking about paying out $450,000 per person to undocumented immigrants separated from their families.

Following Biden’s exchange with Doocy, ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero put out a statement insisting the plan is in the works, and Biden is either out of the loop, or he’s “abandoning a core campaign promise” to undo what the Trump administration did.

• Fire 1