Biden's America

33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Respectfully, you are wrong.  The question was not about Trump.  Here is the official WH transcript for your reading pleasure.  Why do you go out of your way so much to defend Biden doing the same thing you hated Trump for?  

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/01/19/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-6/

Q    Thank you, sir.  I just wanted to clarify: A moment ago, you were asked whether or not you believed that we would have free and fair elections in 2022 if some of these state legislatures reformed their voting protocols.  You said that it depends.  Do you — do you think that they would in any way be illegitimate?

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, yeah, I think it easily could be — be illegitimate. 

Imagine — imagine if, in fact, Trump has succeeded in convincing Pence to not count the votes. 

Q    Well, I — 

THE PRESIDENT:  Imagine if —

Go on.

Q    In regard to 2022, sir — the midterm elections.

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, 2022.  I mean, imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit.  “You have to recount it and we’re not going to count — we’re going to discard the following votes.”

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed.

The question is about what Trump has done since the election.  They have worked to change election laws and get in place people running those elections that they hope will do what they wanted done in 2020.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The question is about what Trump has done since the election.  They have worked to change election laws and get in place people running those elections that they hope will do what they wanted done in 2020.

Are you really not reading the actual question????   Good lord man.  

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

yes...with trump and his lackies trying to submit fake electors last election...and now trump saying that it matters WHO counts the votes is more important than the votes.... does lend itself to thinking they are going to try again next time.  

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you really not reading the actual question????   Good lord man.  

Dude...you are reading into it what you want.  And.....as many times is the case, it makes you wrong.

What do you think he meant by "it depends".  What could possibly happen that would make him say that?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dude...you are reading into it what you want.  And.....as many times is the case, it makes you wrong.

What do you think he meant by "it depends".  What could possibly happen that would make him say that?

Trump was not even mentioned in the question.  You said said the question was about Trump and elections.  Your wrong.   It’s literally on tape on in print.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Imagine having a sitting president actively try to overturn an election that he lost biggly.  Then after being jettisoned that ex-president and his ball lickers continued to try to overturn the past election through the Big Lie circus and at the same time they actively started planting their underlings into state positions where those underlings could throw out the results of the next election. 

Then the current president sees that subversion is being setup by the party of insurrection and his solution is to attempt to pass a bill that insures voting rights.  The party of insurrection doesn't want that so they go on the attack with the usual disinformation.  Knowing the past attempts at overturning the election combined with continual attempts to subvert the past and future elections, imagine expecting the current president to say "gee I don't see a problem with any of this".

Imagine being so blatantly partisan that you'd try to equate actively undermining a free election with calling out a warning that the same attempted coup could very well happen again without protections (hint: it already is happening).  

It's clear to everyone what the right-wing mouth pieces are trying to do.  The false equivalency take falls flat.   It's just more of the same tired gaslighting by the hired hands.

In no universe is what Biden said equal to Trump's actual attempted coup or his continued assault in democracy.  

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Imagine having a sitting president actively try to overturn an election that he lost biggly.  Then after being jettisoned that ex-president and his ball lickers continued to try to overturn the past election through the Big Lie circus and at the same time they actively started planting their underlings into state positions where those underlings could throw out the results of the next election. 

Then the current president sees that subversion is being setup by the party of insurrection and his solution is to attempt to pass a bill that insures voting rights.  The party of insurrection doesn't want that so they go on the attack with the usual disinformation.  Knowing the past attempts at overturning the election combined with continual attempts to subvert the past and future elections, imagine expecting the current president to say "gee I don't see a problem with any of this".

Imagine being so blatantly partisan that you'd try to equate actively undermining a free election with calling out a warning that the same attempted coup could very well happen again without protections (hint: it already is happening).  

It's clear to everyone what the right-wing mouth pieces are trying to do.  The false equivalency take falls flat.   It's just more of the same tired gaslighting by the hired hands.

In no universe is what Biden said equal to Trump's actual attempted coup or his continued assault in democracy.  

Sounds like your still in favor of Biden questioning elections before they actually happen.  No pushback whatsoever from you.  

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds like your still in favor of Biden questioning elections before they actually happen.  No pushback whatsoever from you.  

So you are okay with State Secretaries throwing out legal votes so the candidate of their choice wins?  

Interesting...

• Plus1 4

19 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So you are okay with State Secretaries throwing out legal votes so the candidate of their choice wins?  

Interesting...

So, no cause I never said that.  Interesting…..

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Trumpists: "We should subvert the elections."

Biden: "If we fail to pass voting protection laws to stop this the elections may be subverted." 

@Archy1221 : "Why aren't you pushing back on Biden?"

I’ve pushed back on both unlike you 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve pushed back on both unlike you 

The main point you keep harping on is focused around the question that was asked of him and not what his response was.

His answer had little, almost nothing, to do with the question that was actually asked. They asked him about 2022, and he was answering in regards to 2020, then when he was directed more specifically to the future he said, "Oh, 2022" and was then laying out a hypothetical scenario.

There's nothing to push back on. 

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The main point you keep harping on is focused around the question that was asked of him and not what his response was.

His answer had little, almost nothing, to do with the question that was actually asked. They asked him about 2022, and he was answering in regards to 2020, then when he was directed more specifically to the future he said, "Oh, 2022" and was then laying out a hypothetical scenario.

There's nothing to push back on. 

These are his words (previously posted in case you haven’t seen)….

It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in directproportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed

He is saying unless the federal government takeover of elections bill is passed, he can’t say that the elections will be legitimate.   So ya, there is plenty to push back on, unless your in the tank for Biden. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He is saying unless the federal government takeover of elections bill is passed, he can’t say that the elections will be legitimate.   So ya, there is plenty to push back on, unless your in the tank for Biden. 

I interpret what he's saying as the risk of threats which would create an illegitimate election are correlated to how far they are able to go in securing and protecting elections.

The less secure, the more risk of illegitimacy. That's not controversial.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I interpret what he's saying as the risk of threats which would create an illegitimate election are correlated to how far they are able to go in securing and protecting elections.

The less secure, the more risk of illegitimacy. That's not controversial.

That would be a very generous interpretation for you based on what’s actually in the bill and what it tries to accomplish.    

• Plus1 1