Biden's America

I think it's a rather privileged perspective to say poor people "want to complain".

Maybe $4 gas hurts them more than some of us even realize.

I know I can't travel to see loved ones as much as I could a year ago.   Which is a bummer.  I'm certain there's poorer people than me.  It probably hurts them more.

• Plus1 4

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, that's a new one for me.  Oil is actually a renewable energy source.  

Yep...no chance we are using it faster than fish can decay and produce more.

It’s pretty much common sense that we won’t run out of oil.   Mankind will develop other sources of energy that are economically feasible before that happens.  Whether that’s by choice or necessity.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think it's a rather privileged perspective to say poor people "want to complain".

I know I can't travel to see loved ones as much as I could a year ago.   Which is a bummer.  I'm certain there's poorer people than me.  It probably hurts them more.

$4 gas hurts rural people more. They make less to begin with, and often travel much further for their jobs. What's more, they are already on the Republican line of things, so unfortunately, the side effect of these high prices is a galvanizing of the Republican base. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s pretty much common sense that we won’t run out of oil.   Mankind will develop other sources of energy that are economically feasible before that happens.  Whether that’s by choice or necessity.   

That's what a significant amount of the population would like to be doing.  But, for some reason some powerful politicians fight against it.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Well said. It does hurt. I have family and friends in the black community living on a budget to raise kids, put food on table and drive a long way to work. There is an inflation problem, there is a gas problem, and we have the right to speak up with our voice about it.  It should not be called "whining and b!^@hing" about it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, admo said:

Well said. It does hurt. I have family and friends in the black community living on a budget to raise kids, put food on table and drive a long way to work. There is an inflation problem, there is a gas problem, and we have the right to speak up with our voice about it.  It should not be called "whining and b!^@hing" about it. 

100% However to boil it down to "Biden sucks" is rejecting reality. 

The only reason fuel prices were so low in Trumps last years is because of the pandemic. The two reasons inflation is so bad are price gouging and the pandemic. 

Republicans for years have weakened antitrust laws and other laws meant to prevent price gouging by major corps. 

Trump's terrible handling of the pandemic especially in its early stages is why we had to go the route we did. 

Trump also worked for 4 years to satiate and empower Putin in America and on the world stage. Trump was Putin's stooge. Remember when Putin said if Hilary won, there would be war??? He was planning this all along. It would have happened 4 years earlier had Trump not won. Trumps mission was to weeken and destroy Western alliances sow discord and Putin confusion in America. This would have made Putins vision much easier to achieve.

Oil is higher now than it should be because of Putin, who was enabled by Trump. And inflation due to the pandemic which was made worse due to Trumps mishandling of the whole thing.

Biden isn't perfect by any means, but the average American has too short a memory and is too quick to believe misleading narratives that place blame where it does not belong.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Here in California, there can be quite a distance between where your low paying job is and where you can afford to live. So gas prices adversely affect the working class.

The middle and upper class could afford to be patient and make limited sacrifices during Covid quarantine. Working people on the front lines did not have that luxury.  Likewise, it's easy to be philosophical about gas prices when you can afford it. Ideology is much more costly when you're poor.

Now if conservatives are rallying around the poor in order to make their case about Life Under Biden, I encourage them to maintain that concern as they lobby the GOP to reverse almost everything the party has voted for. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sometimes you just have to sit back and sip on a glass of scotch and wonder how the f#&% these people get up in the morning and go through life.

Absolutely. 

Or how people can be so partisan that they fall for the most painfully obvious political bit imaginable. 

Here's the GOP last week, are they going to take responsibility for rising prices after openly advocating for them?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's both.  And, if you don't understand that, then you don't understand the political support the oil and gas industry gets.

Once electric gets cheaper and easier than gas we will be electric.  If you don’t understand that, well…and yes I understand the subsidies oil and gas gets.  I also understand the subsidies Elon gets.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

We need to generate our own energy and enough to be independent. Oil, gas, solar, wind, water and nuclear...any and all of the above. Whatever it takes. Make it cheap. Flood the market. Be good neighbors and buy from Canada and Mexico. Screw everyone else. :D

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Once electric gets cheaper and easier than gas we will be electric.  If you don’t understand that, well…and yes I understand the subsidies oil and gas gets.  I also understand the subsidies Elon gets.  

Follow the money ;)

"accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy"

EV, electric planes, electric boats, wind & solar, the green new deal, etc... just makes me wonder what's really happening under the table, while all eyes and ears are focused on Putin & Russia (at fault).  Time is critical.  But I'm probably way off for being curious.  I don't trust D's or Elon or Biden.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2