Biden's America

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How many people on either side can have an informed discussion on what those issues actually are, and what Joe Biden has or hasn't done about them?

Regarding the Economy, Covid & Foreign Policy?  Easily 95%.  Ukraine is probably 75-90%. 

The poll isn't supposed to make you feel bad about your administration, it's just telling you it's been a dumpster fire.  And the American people know it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, admo said:

Regarding the Economy, Covid & Foreign Policy?  Easily 95%.  Ukraine is probably 75-90%. 

The poll isn't supposed to make you feel bad about your administration, it's just telling you it's been a dumpster fire.  And the American people know it.

I'm praying we go back to the time of Alternative Facts, Mexican's are rapists and murderers, "Truth isn't truth!", speeches outside of Four Seasons Total Landscaping, and bleach injections.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm praying we go back to the time of Alternative Facts, Mexican's are rapists and murderers, "Truth isn't truth!", speeches outside of Four Seasons Total Landscaping, and bleach injections.

I have a feeling, if things keep playing out the way they have been that you will see that happen again.

I am not sure if the D's can run with Joe again, can they?

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I wonder if the Democrats will storm the capital if an R is actually ever elected to the Presidency again? 

Hmm...

America.  NOT the land of the informed voter.  

Nahhh…they will probably just concoct more false flag Russia conspiracy nonsense and have some House members vote to not certify the election again.   Adam Schiff will lie on CNN about all this evidence he has seen but can’t talk about and much of the media will go right along with it.  Normal kinda stuff. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I wonder if the Democrats will storm the capital if an R is actually ever elected to the Presidency again? 

Hmm...

America.  NOT the land of the informed voter.  

the far right says that is the correct way to do things.  and some posters here defend it all.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have a feeling, if things keep playing out the way they have been that you will see that happen again.

I am not sure if the D's can run with Joe again, can they?

Honestly, current polarization of the electorate, as well as the nature of the electoral college, make electoral outcomes extremely rigid. In other words, I think it's doubtful that it matters who the nominee is for either party. Republicans can probably nominate just about anybody, Democrats just have to nominate somebody who has some support in each part of their coalition.

At the end of the day, factors outside who the nominees are will have far greater influence over electoral outcomes. If inflation falls, the economy is still booming and the COVID-19 situation improves, Joe Biden would have a ~50% chance to win. Any other Democrat would do slightly worse since they wouldn't enjoy the incumbency bonus. NOTE: Its going to be very hard for any Democrat, Biden or otherwise, to push the odds of winning much higher than a coinflip.If inflation is still high, the economy falters or COVID is still an issue, Republicans will win since they enjoy monumental systemic advantages. 

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Nahhh…they will probably just concoct more false flag Russia conspiracy nonsense and have some House members vote to not certify the election again.   Adam Schiff will lie on CNN about all this evidence he has seen but can’t talk about and much of the media will go right along with it.  Normal kinda stuff. 

This might be difficult for you, but maybe you should be more concerned about how elected Republicans allowed COVID-19 to kill huge swaths of their constituency and less concerned about perceived 'false flags' and their totally hoax-and-fake indictments and guilty pleas by Trumps inner circle  TOTALLY planted by trans-CRT-loving Democrats and the fake news media.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Honestly, current polarization of the electorate, as well as the nature of the electoral college, make electoral outcomes extremely rigid. In other words, I think it's doubtful that it matters who the nominee is for either party. Republicans can probably nominate just about anybody, Democrats just have to nominate somebody who has some support in each part of their coalition.

At the end of the day, factors outside who the nominees are will have far greater influence over electoral outcomes. If inflation falls, the economy is still booming and the COVID-19 situation improves, Joe Biden would have a ~50% chance to win. Any other Democrat would do slightly worse since they wouldn't enjoy the incumbency bonus. NOTE: Its going to be very hard for any Democrat, Biden or otherwise, to push the odds of winning much higher than a coinflip.If inflation is still high, the economy falters or COVID is still an issue, Republicans will win since they enjoy monumental systemic advantages. 

This might be difficult for you, but maybe you should be more concerned about how elected Republicans allowed COVID-19 to kill huge swaths of their constituency and less concerned about perceived 'false flags' and their totally hoax-and-fake indictments and guilty pleas by Trumps inner circle  TOTALLY planted by trans-CRT-loving Democrats and the fake news media.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say conservatives are much more locked in to their party's nominee than liberals are. From my perspective, every voter registered R, deems anyone with D next to their name as the opposition regardless of policy differences, background, or experience. I feel like liberal voters take policy, background, and experience into account and are much more open to a candidate of the opposing party. I've voted for Grassley, Fortenberry, and numerous other local level Republicans in my time, and I would have happily voted for McCain over Obama, had McCain chosen a competent running mate, and Obama chosen anyone other than Biden as VP. I was really really hoping for a McCain/ Lieberman unity ticket, but that would have ruined the divide and conquer tactics of the US oligarchy. 

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say conservatives are much more locked in to their party's nominee than liberals are. From my perspective, every voter registered R, deems anyone with D next to their name as the opposition regardless of policy differences, background, or experience. I feel like liberal voters take policy, background, and experience into account and are much more open to a candidate of the opposing party. I've voted for Grassley, Fortenberry, and numerous other local level Republicans in my time, and I would have happily voted for McCain over Obama, had McCain chosen a competent running mate, and Obama chosen anyone other than Biden as VP. I was really really hoping for a McCain/ Lieberman unity ticket, but that would have ruined the divide and conquer tactics of the US oligarchy. 

Partially. I think it's only semi accurate to say that liberal voters take background, policy and experience into account. I'm more persuaded that this is a function of the coalition that makes up their voting bloc and less because liberal voters actually care more about those things in a candidate anymore than Rs do, although you may be correct. 

I say this because the Dem coalition is more diverse. They're trying to appeal to Black voters, who want very different things than college educated White voters, who want very different things than blue collar union voters, who want different things than Hispanic voters, who want different things than Native American voters, and so on. Satisfying the demands of all their constituents is impossible, but it does force Democrats to put fourth policy proposals that attempt to appease as many groups as possible. 

You are absolutely right about Republicans, however. They vote in ways that oppose Ds rather than support R policies. It's why Republicans once again aren't even running on a policy platform - and are avoiding one like the plague, as Senator Rick Scott has found out. 

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Would Biden have vetoed any of the Covid Relief bills in 2020? The ones that led to the spike in spending?  

It’s good the yearly deficit is coming down btw…here’s to hoping Biden will balance it.  

Trumps budget was running wild before 2020...also one could contend our President taking COVID seriously from the beginning would have greatly reduced the burden on our country financially.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1