Biden's America

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would Biden have vetoed any of the Covid bills?   Is Biden’s budget below the 2019 Trump budget.   Two important contextual questions when considering the tweet that was posted.  

I think had our President taken the situation more seriously less money could have been spent, but to your point there isn't alot that could be done in terms of not spending a ton of money after COVID hit. Out of Trumps hands, to a degree.  In 2019 Trump ran a deficit of nearly 1 trillion dollars and was on pace for bigger spending in 2020 before the pandemic happened. Now we are projecting a 1.5 T dollar deficit this year. Through 5 months we sit at 475 M so on a good pace there. I would say we are still feeling the effects of COVID 19 on money spent in government but I think we are doing what we can to reign it in at the moment given the circumstances.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would Biden have vetoed any of the Covid bills?   Is Biden’s budget below the 2019 Trump budget.   Two important contextual questions when considering the tweet that was posted.  

I don’t think any of the presidents would have not done the initial round of relief. And, I don’t have a problem with that. But, as time went on, there was a lot of relief that wasn’t needed. It could have been tweaked to only go to people who really needed it. 

Both parties were involved in that. 

Many people were saying at the time that it was going to lead to inflation. Well…..

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Man, hope you refi'ed a few months ago.  Rates over 5% housing prices are bananas high!  Will we see double digit interest rates???

Pffft. My first house was about 10.5% and I remember 18%ish in the 70’s (not that I was old enough). But it’s definitely gonna suck soon for young people and first timers.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would Biden have vetoed any of the Covid Relief bills in 2020? The ones that led to the spike in spending?  

It’s good the yearly deficit is coming down btw…here’s to hoping Biden will balance it.  

Woah, you're getting dangerously close to blaming Trump for inflation. Careful!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It's already sucked for us for a long time. This is beyond suckage.

My bad. I should’ve said that it’s going to suck even more. Although I’m not sure the interest rate matters a whole bunch when so many simply can’t afford the price tag.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

My bad. I should’ve said that it’s going to suck even more. Although I’m not sure the interest rate matters a whole bunch when so many simply can’t afford the price tag.

Yeah that is what I am thinking as well.

I mean, "starter" homes in my area seem to be right around 235 right now...sort of your typical 3 bed 2 bath 1400 sqft. 

So that price PLUS rates shooting up, first time buyers are going to have a 1500 dollar a month payment, if you are somehow plopping down 20%...And that is not even counting any other bills.

And in a year the 5% rates are going to be 8-10%.  

Would hate to be looking to buy right now.

But in a few years the foreclosure and short sale market will be on fire. 

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Oh Simon.   Good effort, maybe you convinced some of the ignorant who aren’t paying attention.  

Can anyone tell me why the Biden Admin has brought back (not created as those jobs were lost during 2020 forced shutdowns) those jobs?  Maybe explain the backstory of why those people were unemployed?  Might give a good indicator as to why the jobs numbers for Trump admin look the way they look AT THE END OF 2020.   Does Simple Simon want to look at the 2017-2019 numbers?  Probably not.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2