Biden's America

On 5/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.

What they need to be working on is making college cheaper.  If they forgive debt without making it cheaper, it just rewards these schools that are charging ridiculous amounts of money for their education.

…and it’s not fair to the responsible students who made allowances for what things cost and didn’t bury themselves in debt. Do they get some of that free gubment money too? Or only the people who spent beyond their means to comfortably pay back the agreed amount?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

…and it’s not fair to the responsible students who made allowances for what things cost and didn’t bury themselves in debt. Do they get some of that free gubment money too? Or only the people who spent beyond their means to comfortably pay back the agreed amount?

Is most of the money going to underprivileged families or families that really do not need it? I don’t want to pay off the debt for some rich snotty nosed kid who went to Yale to get a degree in philosophy. Honestly I would rather reward the kid who worked their tail off to help pay for college and got good grades but couldn’t quite pay for it.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, nic said:

Is most of the money going to underprivileged families or families that really do not need it? I don’t want to pay off the debt for some rich snotty nosed kid who went to Yale to get a degree in philosophy. Honestly I would rather reward the kid who worked their tail off to help pay for college and got good grades but couldn’t quite pay for it.

I’m not sure if it’s all the same program.  But my wife and I applied and had to show we worked in nursing and teaching.  So I’m guessing they are prioritizing “civil servant” type careers.

1 minute ago, nic said:

Our government wouldn’t do it if it was targeted for the truly needy or the most worthy. Where’s the waste (and votes) in that?

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, nic said:

For some, this statement is true.

I think the less drama part is absolutely true. As for his premise of “transforming the country”, I guess I haven’t seen much radical transformation attempted. Pretty tough to transform much of anything when you can’t get any bills passed. And of course what constitutes good or bad transforming is in the eye of the beholder.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think the less drama part is absolutely true. As for his premise of “transforming the country”, I guess I haven’t seen much radical transformation attempted. Pretty tough to transform much of anything when you can’t get any bills passed. And of course what constitutes good or bad transforming is in the eye of the beholder.

It's bad because the money isn't going to Elon, and his competition is being forced into the EV market.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's bad because the money isn't going to Elon, and his competition is being forced into the EV market.

That’s a good thing. Competition. Let’s see how he does.

Bezos on Bidens idea to raise taxes on corporations to help curb inflation.... Complete with a dig at the new disinformation board.

"The newly created Disinformation Board should review this tweet, or maybe they need to form a new Non Sequitur Board instead.

"Raising corp taxes is fine to discuss. Taming inflation is critical to discuss. Mushing them together is just misdirection," 

• Plus1 1