Biden's America

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t agree with their premise that reducing the cost of gas by .18¢ to .40ish¢ with a tax vacation could increase demand and drive up prices. It’s still going to be north of $4. People aren’t going to go nuts, plan more/longer trips and forego car pooling at that price point. They are going to continue doing exactly what they are doing now and save 18 to 40 cents per gallon doing it. That article/writer is being needlessly alarmist.

$.18 on 12 gallons in my wife's Explorer is about $2.15. At $4.80 the tank goes from $57 to $55.

Thanks I guess.

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s my point, at $4+ it isn’t enough to change demand.

I get it...it just still sucks. It seems to be an attempt at an "aha" moment from Bidens Admin...and the link said it might backfire. I tend to lean towards your view than the link, btw.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I get it...it just still sucks. It seems to be an attempt at an "aha" moment from Bidens Admin...and the link said it might backfire. I tend to lean towards your view than the link, btw.

Yeah. I mean 18¢ or 40¢ cheaper for a few months is a far cry from sub $2.50 gal. Biden wants to be able to say he did something no matter how meaningless. Problem is he mentioned the same thing a couple months ago and nada. I don’t think the millionaires in DC really give a s#!t how much we have to pay for gas. Only thing they care about is posturing for votes.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Amazing. 

oil production was cut right before demand shot up. Prices sky ticket. Oil drilling has increased and demand is going down and prices go down. 

amazing how that works.  

And Biden won’t get any of the credit!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1