Biden's America

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Imagine what he could accomplish if his mind worked!  My god!

Oh my gosh I know!  Like omg I can't believe they made all of that stuff up!  How crazy!

Deeeeeeerp

45 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

But blame on Joe: Deep inflation and increase gas pump price .... only USA :rolleyes:

Global countries are no inflation and no increase gasoline prices .... yeah right :rolleyes:

Exactly...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remind me again what was reformed with the electoral college.

Ancient and outdated electoral college.

Actually in 2016 presidential race, Hillary won.  Same thing as 2000, Al Gore won.

• Hillary: 65,853,514 popular votes (48.2%)
  • Trump: 62,984,828 popular votes (46.1%)

I voted Trump in 2016 ... not 2020!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remind me again what was reformed with the electoral college.

I'm pretty sure they're counting those eggs before they're hatched. Congress has yet to ratify electoral college reform, codify gay marriage and/or "restart" the US microchip industry.

Get all that done and THEN post this tweet. Until then it's idle talk.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Joe can't, but MIT thinks they can:

MIT Scientists Propose ‘Space Bubbles’ to Deflect Solar Radiation, Ease Climate Change

A raft of thin-film silicon bubbles deployed from Earth into outer space and stretching to the size of Brazil could potentially block the Sun’s solar radiation from further warming Earth, possibly helping to not only stave off climate change, but potentially reverse it.

This new “space bubbles” plan offered by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology rifts off a concept first offered by astronomer Roger Angel. The multidisciplinary team of architects, civil and mechanical engineers, physicists and material scientists have worked on the technical and social aspects of what the group calls a “planetary-scale project” in an effort to find a non-Earth-bound solution to climate change.

The MIT group believes that if the raft of bubbles can deflect 1.8 percent of incident solar radiation before it hits Earth, they can fully reverse today’s global warming. Even if they can’t establish a 1.8 percent shading, they trust a smaller percentage provides enough benefit to help mitigate global warming.

Seems easy enough.

bubbles-melody-yang-wired-how-to.gif

d8f38699-fe7e-45a1-b197-3a2a608cbcee_tex

83491b10-3ba1-466d-aa0e-1e354d032420_tex

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Ancient and outdated electoral college.

Actually in 2016 presidential race, Hillary won.  Same thing as 2000, Al Gore won.

• Hillary: 65,853,514 popular votes (48.2%)
  • Trump: 62,984,828 popular votes (46.1%)

I voted Trump in 2016 ... not 2020!

But, what did they pass?  I don't even remember anything major working its way through congress.

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm pretty sure they're counting those eggs before they're hatched. Congress has yet to ratify electoral college reform, codify gay marriage and/or "restart" the US microchip industry.

Get all that done and THEN post this tweet. Until then it's idle talk.

And I believe the only electoral college “reform” was clarifying that the Vice President’s duties are only symbolic and that he doesn’t have the power to do what Trump wanted Pence to do. A good change for sure but hardly EC reform.

Edit- also they want to raise the threshold for disputing election results so that it requires many more congressmen and or senators to block certifying results. Also good but I don’t think what many of us  picture as EC reform.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

It makes little sense to argue over Biden's America.  He will be judged this November.  We shall see if the American voter believes we are headed in the right direction or the wrong direction.  

Or we can talk about Biden's America as it unfolds and vote in November. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, junior4949 said:

It makes little sense to argue over Biden's America.  He will be judged this November.  We shall see if the American voter believes we are headed in the right direction or the wrong direction.  

It’s still, maybe moreso, valid discussion considering the average American voter doesn’t know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. I mean there are quite a few that actually think Trump is still President and who would vote for him again. So excuse me if I won’t defer to the American voter.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1