Biden's America

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your “dunk” isn’t the dunk you were hoping it was.   The winning side wasn’t unexpected which is what was being portrayed.  

:movegoalpost:

Again:

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Pretty much everybody not named you called the Kansas landslide "unexpected" 

• Plus1 2

31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Again:

• Kansas shocks conservative America by going into anonymous polling booths and sending a landslide signal that the "states rights" argument against abortion may not even play in Red States. 

This shouldn’t be a shock to anyone who followed this vote for the past month.   It had no chance of passing and it validates what SCOTUS did.  Puts the abortion debate back to the States where it belongs.   States like KS who haven’t elected a D Senator since the ‘50’s I believe still have laws allowing abortion.  Citizens in the state can get an abortion based on how  the citizens of the State voted.  A different version than the leftists “SCOTUS took a constitutional right away”

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

• Kansas shocks conservative America by going into anonymous polling booths and sending a landslide signal that the "states rights" argument against abortion may not even play in Red States. 

This shouldn’t be a shock to anyone who followed this vote for the past month.   It had no chance of passing and it validates what SCOTUS did.  Puts the abortion debate back to the States where it belongs.   States like KS who haven’t elected a D Senator since the ‘50’s I believe still have laws allowing abortion.  Citizens in the state can get an abortion based on how  the citizens of the State voted.  A different version than the leftists “SCOTUS took a constitutional right away”

Haha! Did you read the post that you quoted? I've bolded the words "landslide signal" for you again. The point is that the margin is what was unexpected, which is what we've been telling you for several pages.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You couldn’t be more wrong.  

The vote totals might have been “unexpected”, but the outcome was never in doubt. Maybe those a few thousand miles away and no perspective  of what’s going on locally here thought different.  

I, for one, have missed the alternate reality Archy constructs for himself, in order to justify his voting behavior and to make sense of the world around him. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Haha! Did you read the post that you quoted? I've bolded the words "landslide signal" for you again. The point is that the margin is what was unexpected, which is what we've been telling you for several pages.

Did you read the original post I responded to even before Guy’s?   It was the no vote outsiders thought was unexpected….it wasn’t actually unexpected by those of us who live here and follow ballot measures.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The citizens of Kansas voted no to an amendment to the state constitution. The amendment would have allowed the state to put restrictions on abortion. Right now, your state amendment says that everyone has the right to abortion.  

So, a large majority of Kansans want abortion to remain legal. 

So…..the majority of the Kansas voters were pro choice. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Right now, your state amendment says that everyone has the right to abortion.

Yes, with restrictions. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, a large majority of Kansans want abortion to remain legal. 

It would have been legal with a yes vote too, but with much more stringent restrictions.   most voters who voted did not want that to happen based on the outcome of the ballot measure.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes, with restrictions. 

It would have been legal with a yes vote too, but with much more stringent restrictions.   most voters who voted did not want that to happen based on the outcome of the ballot measure.   

It would have been legal….until it wasn’t. 

The voters said they didn’t want that to happen by a large majority.  That’s what people have been surprised about since it’s Kansas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would have been legal….until it wasn’t. 

The voters said they didn’t want that to happen by a large majority.  That’s what people have been surprised about since it’s Kansas. 

It's the large margin you're amazed by...right?

Not the lean of the vote itself...the turnout.

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you read the original post I responded to even before Guy’s?   It was the no vote outsiders thought was unexpected….it wasn’t actually unexpected by those of us who live here and follow ballot measures.  

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. There were no doubt good journalists and pollsters in Kansas following this more closely than the rest of the nation, and they would have known things might be breaking differently — although I'd love to see a pre-election prediction that the Pro-Life/Pro-Choice margin would mirror the Trump/Biden 2020 vote in Kansas, but in reverse. Now that it's over, I'm sure everyone has a brilliant analysis.

You might also be in a minority, Archy. I'm guessing the vast majority of conservatives did not look at the Kansas results and think to themselves "Perfect! This is what states rights was about all along!"  I'm thinking they said "oh f#&%."  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

It's the large margin you're amazed by...right?

Not the lean of the vote itself...the turnout.

Kind of all the above. 

nationally, polls have shown that a large majority did not favor RvW being over turned. So, kind of not surprised. 

But, Kansas is one of the reddest states in the union so I am somewhat surprised at both the results and the margin. 

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of all the above. 

nationally, polls have shown that a large majority did not favor RvW being over turned. So, kind of not surprised. 

But, Kansas is one of the reddest states in the union so I am somewhat surprised at both the results and the margin. 

Did you know our current Gov is a Democrat?  And that Sebelius was our Gov in the 2000’s?   It’s not a party line across the board state 

• Plus1 1