Biden's America

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn’t the border be less secure if they weren’t catching them?  And, isn’t this number and indication that republicans are lying when they say Biden is for open borders?

No quite the opposite as many times they aren’t really “catching” them.  People are crossing the border and going straight to the first law enforcement so they can get processed and now released pending a hearing.  It’s why so many are coming now.  

the flip side of this, is it’s pretty common that a certain percentage of them never get caught and that percentage has fairly consistent from what I read.   So let’s say 20% never get caught ( don’t know the actual number) means record numbers by far are gaining entry that we have no idea who they are.   I.e. less secure.  

so no to your second question.   These illegal aliens know most  will be released within the US pending a hearing they may or may not show up to.   The Dems and Biden’s plan in a nutshell. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

the flip side of this, is it’s pretty common that a certain percentage of them never get caught and that percentage has fairly consistent from what I read.   So let’s say 20% never get caught ( don’t know the actual number) means record numbers by far are gaining entry that we have no idea who they are.   I.e. less secure.  

How much did you pay for Ben Shapiro's Masterclass on how to craft an argument to sound convincing even though it's based entirely on completely imaginary hypotheticals you just made up on the spot?

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

How much did you pay for Ben Shapiro's Masterclass on how to craft an argument to sound convincing even though it's based entirely on completely imaginary hypotheticals you just made up on the spot?

Are you trying to tell me you you don’t understand that it’s common knowledge by Border Patrol and nearly everyone else in society that a percentage of crossers don’t get caught.   The higher the crossers, the higher number that don’t get caught.  

https://cis.org/Arthur/Report-Just-68-Illegal-Border-Crossers-Get-Caught

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/jan/11/does-border-patrol-catch-90-percent-immigrants-cro/

But go on and tell me about this Shapiro thing..

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Same.

@Archy1221’s explanation confused me. First paragraph he claims they’re all going directly to law enforcement so they can take advantage of Uncle Joe’s overt hospitality. I mean that is why so many are coming in… But in the 2nd paragraph he has another 20% coming and evading detection. That 20% must not be aware of right wing propaganda. Don’t they know about easy street with free healthcare, free housing, never having to pay taxes. It’s no wonder they aren’t looking for jobs, apparently those conniving dems have put them all up in the Ritz and Waldorf Astoria with unlimited room service.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

@Archy1221’s explanation confused me. First paragraph he claims they’re all going directly to law enforcement so they can take advantage of Uncle Joe’s overt hospitality. I mean that is why so many are coming in… But in the 2nd paragraph he has another 20% coming and evading detection. That 20% must not be aware of right wing propaganda. Don’t they know about easy street with free healthcare, free housing, never having to pay taxes. It’s no wonder they aren’t looking for jobs, apparently those conniving dems have put them all up in the Ritz and Waldorf Astoria with unlimited room service.

MIT has 32% of border crossers not getting caught.   Does that study confuse you?  It’s linked in an article for you to read  and lessen that confusion:dunno

mad far as people turning themselves in, that you are confused about…

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/05/us/politics/border-migrants-asylum.html

https://www.cbp.gov/frontline/border-crisis-cbp-s-response

“These families are not concerned with being caught by the Border Patrol; they are actually turning themselves in, knowing that they will be processed and released with a court date years in the future,” Brian Hastings, chief of the Border Patrol’s law enforcement operations Hastings said in written statement to a Senate committee in June. “Smugglers are exploiting these loopholes to encourage more migration. They openly advertise a safe and legal journey to the United States, misleading families by telling them there is a policy that anyone who arrives with a child will not be deported.”

I can understand why are confused if you put zero energy into knowing the issue.   I guess it’s just easier to snark about the Waldorf Astoria.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

MIT has 32% of border crossers not getting caught.   Does that study confuse you?  It’s linked in an article for you to read  and lessen that confusion:dunno

“These families are not concerned with being caught by the Border Patrol; they are actually turning themselves in, knowing that they will be processed and released with a court date years in the future,” Brian Hastings, chief of the Border Patrol’s law enforcement operations Hastings said in written statement to a Senate committee in June. “Smugglers are exploiting these loopholes to encourage more migration. They openly advertise a safe and legal journey to the United States, misleading families by telling them there is a policy that anyone who arrives with a child will not be deported.”

I can understand why are confused if you put zero energy into knowing the issue.   I guess it’s just easier to snark about the Waldorf Astoria.  

Sounds to me like we need a ton of judges and processing centers at/near the border to process these folks and let them enter to help with the desperate need for workers we are seeing all across the country.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sounds to me like we need a ton of judges and processing centers at/near the border to process these folks and let them enter to help with the desperate need for workers we are seeing all across the country.

That would create a ton of jobs! Win/Win!

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

My point was that your 1st and 2nd paragraphs seem to contradict each other. Either things are so rosy they are willingly turning themselves in or they are trying to avoid detection and not being caught. Maybe just maybe the percentage not getting caught has decreased due to the current policy.

Look, I’m not for wide open borders. I do feel this situation is not good. If people want to immigrate they should do it legally through the proper channels. Problem is we desperately need immigration reform and one party has been blocking any progress and the other party is too lenient imo. I think we need a system that determines how many immigrants we want to allow, assures they are vetted and then enforces the numbers. There is no question we need those immigrants for numerous jobs that most Americans seem to think they are too “good” for.

• Plus1 1