Biden's America

6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

For the record, I am pro subsidizing farmers, pro child tax credits, pro student loan forgiveness, and pro lots of other 'unfair' tax expenditures that help primarily vulnerable, stuck, or important citizens.

And let's not act like the argument that it's actually punishing people who made smarter choices is anything other than total horses#!t. The super-duper smartypants who avoided the pitfall of student loan debt are still paying their taxes no matter what - if it didn't go to loan forgiveness it would go to the military or farming or clean energy or roads or education or something else. The money is already there, it's not "ope now that we made this decision all you citizens need to give us more money to give to these other citizens". There's no punishment; there's only a smarter way of allocating already existing resources that ultimately helps all of us.

Wait...so you lied?

• Oh Yeah! 1

LMAO at the "worked my way through school" crowd. Anyone using an argument that braindead is too stupid or dishonest to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation.

Never expect Republican millionaires LARPing as everyday blue collar commoners to b!^@h when money starts flowing away from them and the donors who bankroll them.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

LMAO at the "worked my way through school" crowd. Anyone using an argument that braindead is too stupid or dishonest to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation.

Never expect Republican millionaires LARPing as everyday blue collar commoners to b!^@h when money starts flowing away from them and the donors who bankroll them.

Watching every Republican magically turn into economists (hey they obviously already nailed scientist) because Biden finally enacted a student debt relief plan.  The same plan that he promised before he was elected.

750259_2b08bd2710f4e9a78cbf928256a5c6f6.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I am 100% cool with college being free and loans being wiped out...

Can I ask...do you think other loans should be gone too?

Like...my home loan?  My car?  Mry CC?

I think they should all be gone.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Watching every Republican magically turn into economists (hey they obviously already nailed scientist) because Biden finally enacted a student debt relief plan.  The same plan that he promised before he was elected.

750259_2b08bd2710f4e9a78cbf928256a5c6f6.

Nebraskan R larpers too insignificant to make the list. Ouch.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am 100% cool with college being free and loans being wiped out...

Can I ask...do you think other loans should be gone too?

Like...my home loan?  My car?  Mry CC?

I think they should all be gone.

The thing is, at least with credit cards, if you fall on hard times and can't afford to pay the credit card bill, here's what will happen:

• They say "hey you owe us money!" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They sell the debt to a debt collection company

• They say "hey you owe us money!" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They say "hey you owe us this much but we'll settle for this much" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They say "hey we offered you to settle for this much but actually we'll settle for this much" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They say "hey actually for the third time we'll actually settle for this much" and you say "hey I actually just got a decent check and saved some money so I can afford that sure that sounds good"

And then you settle for 10-30% of what you actually owed.

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

The thing is, at least with credit cards, if you fall on hard times and can't afford to pay the credit card bill, here's what will happen:

• They sell the debt to a debt collection company

• They say "hey you owe us this much but we'll settle for this much" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They say "hey we offered you to settle for this much but actually we'll settle for this much" and you say "i'm sorry i just literally can't afford it"

• They say "hey actually for the third time we'll actually settle for this much" and you say "hey I actually just got a decent check and saved some money so I can afford that sure that sounds good"

And then you settle for 10-30% of what you actually owed.

Oh yeah...I know how that goes!  Ha

On 8/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, Archy1221 said:

Anyone know what the PPE loans were for?  Why they were created? 

Do you mean PPP loans? Paycheck Protection Program is the given name, but the money did little to protect paychecks. Most of the money just went into the pockets of business owners, regardless of their industry. My small town of 10,000 in remote South Dakota saw the following:

Medical clinic received $4 million. Are we to believe that less people saw the doctor during a pandemic?

Steakhouse received $110,000. They closed their doors in March 2020 and never reopened. Where did that money go?

The car dealerships received $211,000 and $166,000, Did people stop buying cars? (I work in consumer lending, they did not stop buying cars)

The university's foundation received $507,000. Did people decide that they'd never donate again? Is raising funds for a state school even a necessity?

A construction company received $150,000. Did people stop building homes?

The non-profit youth dance organization received $23,000. Did their previously received donations disappear?

I could go on, and on, and on...and I don't even live in a populated area. Every realtor and farmer received at least $20k each too. Care to tell me how they were impacted? Them farmers kept working as normal. Those realtors saw record profits. They got to pocket giant handouts even though they had no employees and did just fine, if not better than usual.

PPP was an absolute joke. Look up your local area and tell me that you agree with where that money went. Some businesses were devastated by the pandemic, but this program did not discern at all whether one went through a hardship. Far more money went down this drain than went towards helping actual working class Americans via student loan forgiveness.