Biden's America

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, I'm a little confused on this attitude from Democrats.  They still very easily could lose both chambers of congress.  So, this feels like the Nebraska 2021 football season where.....hey....we only lost by less than a TD.  Ummm...you still lost.  Now, if they end up holding one of the chambers...then I can see this attitude.

They may (imo they won't) but based on historical perfomance in midterms with a president in their party in power (esp during tough economic times) the number of people voting and the lack of losses from the dem ticket was indeed overperforming what they were expected to do.  Youth vote matters.  Roe matters.  Candidate character matters.  

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Biden.  But, he’s  doing well in this press conference. 

I can disagree with policies. But, he’s proving much of the “mush brain” Republican mates is BS. 

Too many ignorant people thinking slurry words due to a speech impediment is reflective of his intelligence.  And come on, if I was taped talking all day long the amount of missteps and mispoken weird stuff that comes out of my mouth, I'd be locked away.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
37 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Too many ignorant people thinking slurry words due to a speech impediment is reflective of his intelligence. 

He's always had a speech impediment. He hasn't always sounded the way he does these days. What that's attributed to I won't venture to say but there's no harm or fear in acknowledging that he's not exactly who he used to be. 

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

He's always had a speech impediment. He hasn't always sounded the way he does these days. What that's attributed to I won't venture to say but there's no harm or fear in acknowledging that he's not exactly who he used to be. 

Yeah, no kidding.

It is okay to admit that.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Too many ignorant people thinking slurry words due to a speech impediment is reflective of his intelligence.  And come on, if I was taped talking all day long the amount of missteps and mispoken weird stuff that comes out of my mouth, I'd be locked away.

Wait...how badly do you misstep and misspeak (that would be a great rappers name) that you would be locked up for it?  Like, what the heck do you say?

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

No one is as they age. It's normal age-related cognitive decline. There's a difference between that and all the dishonest armchair MDs that accuse him of having DeMeNTiA.

Our political system also generally rewards us with a ton of really old elected officials. It's a stupid quirk of the system.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

No one is as they age. It's normal age-related cognitive decline. There's a difference between that and all the dishonest armchair MDs that accuse him of having DeMeNTiA.

Our political system also generally rewards us with a ton of really old elected officials. It's a stupid quirk of the system.

This.