Biden's America

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Is anyone making money with stocks right now?  Unless you are shorting?  Maybe some shipping stocks?

ASC is one I grabbed for like 6.50 a share.  

I made a killing with Marathon Petroleum recently. I don’t have the exact figures but like 100%+ in one year. Recently sold over half of it and I think it’s still doing well.

I guess that’s how you limit the pain at the pump :lol: …even though gas prices have moderated quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No problem.  I don’t think I initially laid out the explanation very well either so it’s on me too for the confusion. 

No, I’m an idiot. How that graph relates to Biden changes quite a bit if you start at beginning of 2020 instead of the real beginning of 2021.

Having said that, I think it also proves how whichever President is in the WH doesn’t have near as much effect as natural market forces. Covid caused the tanking at the dip and the Russian invasion caused the decline from the peak. Presidents can affect things to limit the damage or make things worse but happenings outside their control are the real culprits.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Is anyone making money with stocks right now?  Unless you are shorting?  Maybe some shipping stocks?

I was forced to look at my portfolio and wasn't surprised that it took a big hit in the last year, with a modest comeback in the last couple months. Same portfolio also had crazy gains the previous two years. The evaluations made no sense as investors have apparently given up on all previous metrics for determining viability or growth. Not sure we've seen the worst of the correction yet. It's gonna happen regardless of the president in office. I'm still ahead of where I was two years ago.

My hydrogen stock came back down to earth, but an engineering and infrastructure company called TetraTech doubled in value. I don't remember buying it or why. 

My teenage son cashed out and tripled his brief investment in Tesla, and got a decent short term return on AMD. Despite his success, I ignored his insistence that I get into crypto.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was forced to look at my portfolio and wasn't surprised that it took a big hit in the last year, with a modest comeback in the last couple months. Same portfolio also had crazy gains the previous two years. The evaluations made no sense as investors have apparently given up on all previous metrics for determining viability or growth. Not sure we've seen the worst of the correction yet. It's gonna happen regardless of the president in office. I'm still ahead of where I was two years ago.

My hydrogen stock came back down to earth, but an engineering and infrastructure company called TetraTech doubled in value. I don't remember buying it or why. 

My teenage son cashed out and tripled his brief investment in Tesla, and got a decent short term return on AMD. Despite his success, I ignored his insistence that I get into crypto.

Dude, the more I see/hear/read about crypto the more it seems like a total scam.

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Been loading up on TQQQ shares the last three months.  Average strike price is still only close to even, but if the tech sector takes off in 2024, things will be looking sweet. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hmmmmm..Uncle Joe gets caught with classified docs now.  Can’t wait for the froth from everyone.  

My guess is everyone’s favorite word “nuance” “it’s not the same” “he didn’t mean it” etc etc will now come into play. 

Is it a nuance that he’s actually President and has classified documents every day since his inauguration?  And that’s his job?

Or, are you used to presidents not reading those?

• Thanks 1
On 1/6/2023 at 6:17 PM, teachercd said:

Dude, the more I see/hear/read about crypto the more it seems like a total scam.

Crypto is a technology/tool that great utilities and scams can take advantage of.

People felt similarly about the .com bubble, and yeah, there were a lot of scams and fools good involved. But we're still on a website that ends in .com 25 years later.

Finding classified documents in Biden's closet is appalling and may carry potential criminal love ability.  Maybe not.  It needs to be investigated to the fullest. 

But what's interesting is now @Archy1221is concerned about classified documents.  Obviously solely for the purpose of doing the gaslighting by false equivalency thing he likes to do. 

The difference is Trump obstructed an investigation into the hordes of documents laying around Mar-a-largo and stalled when asked to give them back.  Biden's legal team immediately contacted the National Archives and handed them over when they found out.  But don't let that interfere with a good frothy narrative.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4