Biden's America

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He's not sure, but it's Joe Bidens fault. When Trump was President eggs were cheap, now look. 

This is all the deeper you need to look into things, don't delve any further.

Who is talking about blaming Joe Biden?  Except YOU??

I posted a quite funny meme about eggs being snuck through the border.   

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

From what I understand, disease was a big factor recently.  Increased input costs also.  

Well...you were right on your first guess.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonytellez/2023/01/12/why-are-egg-prices-still-so-high-its-not-the-reason-you-think/?sh=18b6f4d87c6b

Now....what should Biden have done to prevent it?

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who is talking about blaming Joe Biden?  Except YOU??

You put it in "Biden's America" thread.  So.....you.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonytellez/2023/01/12/why-are-egg-prices-still-so-high-its-not-the-reason-you-think/?sh=18b6f4d87c6b

LOL.  It’s happening In America, during his Presidency so where do you want to?   Trumps America?  A new egg price thread???   Move it where you like, it’s a funny meme/take on the current happenings 

Go through the trumps America thread and look at all the stuff in there that doesn’t pertain to him directly but happened during his term.  LOL. 

Man, sometimes take a chill pill and know that not everything is an attack on your leader.   

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now this is what gets me - this quote from the article.  My wife and I try to buy cage free eggs whenever they are available. However, I'm not about to pay $7/doz for them.  The more states like California mandate, the more things cost and which continues the inflation cycle and the price squeeze on the middle & lower class.  Creating even more demand for higher wages which spins the inflation cycle one more time.  So basically, the California mandate has raised the price of eggs by approximately $2/doz.

Cheapest eggs in Tulsa are at Costco a 2 dozen pack of cage free for $5 (that was 2 weeks ago. However, many stores like Winco, Aldi, Sprouts are $4.75 to $5.15 doz. 

In some states, like California, egg prices are as high as $7 for a dozen, mainly attributed to a state law which requires egg producers to raise cage-free hens, that went into effect last year and so far, the bird flu has killed 4 million cage-free hens alone keeping supplies low as demand remained high.

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Now this is what gets me - this quote from the article.  My wife and I try to buy cage free eggs whenever they are available. However, I'm not about to pay $7/doz for them.  The more states like California mandate, the more things cost and which continues the inflation cycle and the price squeeze on the middle & lower class.  Creating even more demand for higher wages which spins the inflation cycle one more time.  So basically, the California mandate has raised the price of eggs by approximately $2/doz.

Cheapest eggs in Tulsa are at Costco a 2 dozen pack of cage free for $5 (that was 2 weeks ago. However, many stores like Winco, Aldi, Sprouts are $4.75 to $5.15 doz. 

Are they suggesting it caused the bird flu problem, ie more chickens were closer to each other instead of just contacting those in the surrounding cages?

Chickens are a$$h@!es and form gangs and cannabalize each other when they are allowed to roam around. I understand giving them some quality of life but 24/7 roaming time is probably not a good idea. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Are they suggesting it caused the bird flu problem, ie more chickens were closer to each other instead of just contacting those in the surrounding cages?

Chickens are a$$h@!es and form gangs and cannabalize each other when they are allowed to roam around. I understand giving them some quality of life but 24/7 roaming time is probably not a good idea. 

I believe I heard that cage free flocks were hit harder because of the increased contact between birds, yes.