Biden's America

On 1/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, Archy1221 said:

Surely you and Gene Epstein are aware that prices and profit are not the same thing. At the end of the day the business is making record profits at the time average Americans are being asked to sacrifice, and that's what Reich is talking about in this and other inflation scenarios. 

Egg producers "accepted" a price decline? That's his evidence against greed?

This is exactly what I'm talking about when people carry water for the very people who are f#&%ing them. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

So who here believes the southern border is under control?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/black-mayors-call-public-safety-homelessness-biggest-issues/story%3fid=96584509

"This should not happen to any city in America -- El Paso, Houston, Chicago, New York, Washington," he said. "This is a national problem and our national government, Congress and the White House must do a long-term, comprehensive immigration policy. But the White House must deal with the immediate emergency we have now."

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, nic said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/black-mayors-call-public-safety-homelessness-biggest-issues/story%3fid=96584509

"This should not happen to any city in America -- El Paso, Houston, Chicago, New York, Washington," he said. "This is a national problem and our national government, Congress and the White House must do a long-term, comprehensive immigration policy. But the White House must deal with the immediate emergency we have now."

Not sure if anyone here does.

Most of us have been clamoring for more help in processing these people for a really long time!

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, nic said:

We've been saying there needs to be comprehensive immigration reform for a very long time.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Well no, I'm not a huge Biden fan (I was a Buttigeg fan in the primary).

But both sidesing this one is sort of funny. One cooperated, the other needed an FBI raid after lying about cooperating multiple times.

Does that mean Biden is good? No. He should be investigated and punished. But it's not the same as the Trump fiasco at Mar-A-Lago.

Just the crime is the same.

Not how they dealt with it after.  Joe did it the smart way, as I think we would all expect being that he is a seasoned pro.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, Archy1221 said:

Ahhh, one investigation (when it’s against the other side) is about holding politicians accountable.  The other investigation (when it’s your side) is all about partisan politics.  Interesting standard you have.  

I didn't say that the investigations were partisan. I said the outrage is partisan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We've been saying there needs to be comprehensive immigration reform for a very long time.

Would that include limts on the number of folks coming? Background checks? Stopping people from crossing anywhere other than checkpoints?

• Plus1 2
22 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Surely you and Gene Epstein are aware that prices and profit are not the same thing.

Yes.

It looks like Cal-Maine wasn’t hit by the avian flu as other producers were.  If so, they have much more inventory to sell in an overall low supply/high demand marketplace.  Great place to be for that company and explains the profit situation.  

Now, market dynamics are setting the price for eggs correct.  Producers that were hit harder are seeing reduced revenue and probably reduced profits even at this inflated price.   What were to happen if Cal-Maine said screw market prices, we are going to sell our eggs at barely above break even for us.  Gives us a profit still and saves America at the same time.  
What would happen to those producers that can’t do the same given their circumstances with the avian flu? 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, nic said:

Would that include limts on the number of folks coming? Background checks? Stopping people from crossing anywhere other than checkpoints?

But I thought you and a few others who love to just 'hangout' in this thread somehow and magically aren't seen in his said/thought he was going to fix all of that??????  

What happened????  I thought he made a 'deal' with Mexico???  Did they not finish the job?  

What ever happened??????

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, nic said:

guess my take away is that presidents really don’t give a crap about security. I bet they all have secret docs stashed away to use for their post presidency books or whatever. A

I heard Pence now has secret docs..so I copied my statement above. Of course this will continue to expand to other presidents and vice presidents and they will all shake hands and agree to forgive and forget.  Trump will be off the hook 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, nic said:

I heard Pence now has secret docs..so I copied my statement above. Of course this will continue to expand to other presidents and vice presidents and they will all shake hands and agree to forgive and forget.  Trump will be off the hook 

Uh... there's just the little problem of obstruction of justice in Trump's case.

• Plus1 4
23 hours ago, nic said:

All the bolded are happening now, to some degree.  Does it need improved?  Sure.  But, that takes resources in areas that a lot of people aren't willing to pump tons of money into for some reason.  We need structure in place to process a lot of people, faster with appropriate background checks...etc.

The number of people coming isn't going to slow down significantly unless we help their home countries stabilize.  I've said that I'm all for pumping money into these places to help security forces fight the cartels and gangs.  Ultimately, these people would prefer staying in their own countries.  If we can help them do that, they wouldn't be showing up to our border.  It's been shown that building the idiotic wall doesn't stop people.  Heck, there's videos and pictures of people climbing over Trump's pathetic wall.

Fixing the problem takes other efforts than that.

We need immigration for our economy to keep growing.  And, we need a decent amount of it.  If people can be processed relatively quickly, there's not a reason for them to not cross at the check points.

• Plus1 3