Biden's America

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I take it that nobody knows what "sidewalk counseling" is?

Reminding anyone entering Planned Parenthood that there are options to the abortion they are about to have, although 90% of Planned Parenthood services have nothing to do with abortion. Sidewalk counseling may also include photos of mangled fetuses. 

I drive by a Planned Parenthood clinic multiple times a day. Protestors are not infrequent, but ours don't appear to approach visitors directly. 

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Reminding anyone entering Planned Parenthood that there are options to the abortion they are about to have, although 90% of Planned Parenthood services have nothing to do with abortion. Sidewalk counseling may also include photos of mangled fetuses. 

I drive by a Planned Parenthood clinic multiple times a day. Protestors are not infrequent, but ours don't appear to approach visitors directly. 

So, in other words, being a piece of s#!t.

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, in other words, being a piece of s#!t.

I understand that sentiment, and some of them very much deserve that description. For others, they truly believe that abortion kills a living human, and is thus murder.

If - and the word "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here - IF they only ask the woman to reconsider and tell her about alternatives, that always felt to me like the least obnoxious way of trying to prevent a murder.

Having said that, no one is getting an abortion happily, and for many (personal anecdotal evidence included) it's one of the most harrowing experiences in their lives. Having made that very difficult decision, the last thing they want is to be approached on their way into the clinic at all, let alone verbally attacked or worse. 

Some of the protesters have good intentions, and don't do anything worse than hold up a sign. Others are despicable jackwads who just about torture the PP clients. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Sorry if you don't equate shoving down an elderly person with beating them up.

I might shove someone away too who was verbally berating my young son.  

Remember this is the second time these charges didn’t stick, AND the old dude declined treatment at the time.  

The 48 yr old isn’t a martyr and the Biden DOJ should have left the case well alone as has been proven out. 

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I might shove someone away too who was verbally berating my young son.  

Remember this is the second time these charges didn’t stick, AND the old dude declined treatment at the time.  

The 48 yr old isn’t a martyr and the Biden DOJ should have left the case well alone as has been proven out. 

The guy is still a giant d!(k…

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But we do know the DOJ egregiously overstepped and got slapped down in this case which is what the original tweet was about. 

Except the DOJ didn't "egregiously overstepped" or get "slapped down". The case wasn't dismissed by the court but went to trial, the jury returned a not guilty verdict, which only means the DOJ lost the case.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Except the DOJ didn't "egregiously overstepped" or get "slapped down". The case wasn't dismissed by the court but went to trial, the jury returned a not guilty verdict, which only means the DOJ lost the case.

Forgive me for the poor chose of words…slapped down by a jury of his peers.  Everything else stands.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Forgive me for the poor chose of words…slapped down by a jury of his peers.  Everything else stands.  

Except the jury didn't slap them down either. The jury cannot actually do that since they cannot produce an "innocent" verdict. The most that can happen is that that individual jurors can come out after the trial and state their opinions on the matter.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3