Biden's America

49 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How most of corporate America runs their business is stupid. It's too focused on share holders and short term revenues.

Corporations that are publicly traded have a fiduciary duty to try and maximize shareholder return. 

Your other complaint about quarterly earnings is one I agree with.   The Street should go to a semester or possibly just an annual earnings.   

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Corporations that are publicly traded have a fiduciary duty to try and maximize shareholder return. 

That's true, but it's one of the dumbest law(s) we have. Corporations should be allowed to maximize a variety of things including long-term profitability, environmental concerns, community concerns, employee satisfaction, etc, etc.

Executives getting bonuses and stocks when employees are being laid off and companies buying back their own stocks are some other things that should be addressed. 

• TBH 2

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

McCarthy can go f#&% himself for all I care because of a lot of things.  But, I would agree with him on this.

Biden would be better served to not dive into this tonight.

I don't think he needs to either. Any moderate faction of the Republican Party has slowly but surely been consumed by the MAGAtts. That Party is completely unrecognizable. Basically a skeleton of its former self. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

McCarthy can go f#&% himself for all I care because of a lot of things.  But, I would agree with him on this.

Biden would be better served to not dive into this tonight.

At this point it's up to the Republicans to differentiate themselves from rage-fomenting extremists.

Biden should just call them "Republicans" and make them all accept credit/blame for the obstructionism and discourse until proven otherwise. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I don't think he needs to either. Any moderate faction of the Republican Party has slowly but surely been consumed by the MAGAtts. That Party is completely unrecognizable. Basically a skeleton of its former self. 

I think it's pretty rich that Kevin is telling POTUS what to not call his party members and followers .... after 4 years and counting of his guy calling dems "treasoness, unamerican, radical left, fascists" and more.  Extreme MAGA Republicans is an insult Kevin?  Then take care of them yourself and change the image of your party.

I'm pretty tired of the double standard, and to be honest the dems not fighting back because they're asked not to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-democrats/trump-calls-democrats-treasonous-for-chilly-state-of-the-union-reception-idUSKBN1FP2WG

• Plus1 3