Biden's America

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think you read the article. Yellen said one thing that was wrong, but the main important point is people making less than $400k will not have a higher share of audits than what they had historically.

And it makes sense than 90% are under $400K. They make up more than 90% of households. 

This is what Yellen said which was incorrect, which she contradicts later with what is really going to happen. 

Yellen's letter stated that, "contrary to the misinformation from opponents of this legislation, small business or households earing $400,000 per year or less will not see an increase in the chances that they are audited." 

Let’s say there are 100,000 audits per year and 90,000 are on households making less than $400K. The funding will allow this to increase, let’s say to 200,000 audits and 180,000 on households making less than $400K. 

The proportion on households making < $400K stays the same, which is what she says everywhere else. But her statement above is wrong. Everyone, including people making < $400K, now has 2X as much of a chance to be audited. 

What she should have said (and I think she even said it in another quote in the article) is that it won’t increase proportionate to those making >= $400K. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think you read the article. Yellen said one thing that was wrong, but the main important point is people making less than $400k will not have a higher share of audits than what they had historically.

And it makes sense than 90% are under $400K. They make up more than 90% of households. 

This is what Yellen said which was incorrect, which she contradicts later with what is really going to happen. 

Yellen's letter stated that, "contrary to the misinformation from opponents of this legislation, small business or households earing $400,000 per year or less will not see an increase in the chances that they are audited." 

Let’s say there are 100,000 audits per year and 90,000 are on households making less than $400K. The funding will allow this to increase, let’s say to 200,000 audits and 180,000 on households making less than $400K. 

The proportion on households making < $400K stays the same, which is what she says everywhere else. But her statement above is wrong. Everyone, including people making < $400K, now has 2X as much of a chance to be audited. 

What she should have said (and I think she even said it in another quote in the article) is that it won’t increase proportionate to those making >= $400K. 

Yes I read the article I posted and the tweet that says EXCACTLY what you are referencing.  It’s why I posted both. :thumbs

We were sold on the new agents going after millionaire and billionaire tax cheats.  What we were getting is more of the same.  Only 10% of the new audits will be going after those folks.  

Article after article talked about the man hours it took to audit a wealthy person.   Well, Yellen is saying “screw that”, the new man hours are going to go to doing more of the same.   The IRS could devote ALL or MOST of those man hours to the difficult auditing process of the very rich.   But they aren’t!!  Shocking I know, actually not really.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes I read the article I posted and the tweet that says EXCACTLY what you are referencing.  It’s why I posted both. :thumbs

We were sold on the new agents going after millionaire and billionaire tax cheats.  What we were getting is more of the same.  Only 10% of the new audits will be going after those folks.  

Article after article talked about the man hours it took to audit a wealthy person.   Well, Yellen is saying “screw that”, the new man hours are going to go to doing more of the same.   The IRS could devote ALL or MOST of those man hours to the difficult auditing process of the very rich.   But they aren’t!!  Shocking I know, actually not really.  

You’re trying real hard at this. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re trying real hard at this. 

Janet yellen is not me.  You specifically told me that the increase in budget was to go after millionaires and better customer service.  You never said 90% of the increased audits would go towards the $400k and lower crowd.   

• TBH 2
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Looks like Biden has adopted the T to T work week.  Ten to Two, Tuesday through Thursday.  

OK...this quote is pretty damn funny.

"Unlike his most recent predecessors – night owls who spent the dark hours reading briefing materials, Biden is more of an early-to-bed type."

There was no way in hell Trump was up late at night reading briefings.  Watching fox news? Yes, reading twitter and tweeting out idiotic things?  Yes.  Reading security briefings.....no f#&%ing way.

The President’s Daily Brief, a highly classified update on the country’s top intelligence, is back to a daily occurrence after happening only sporadically under Trump. Joined in the Oval Office by Vice President Kamala Harris – who has used an iPad to receive the briefing, like Obama – Biden is run through the update by a range of intelligence professionals.

• Plus1 2