Biden's America

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Anybody who thought he wouldn't or who thought that a different candidate would fair better doesn't know anything about elections. 

In no world does a bitter and contested primary and losing the incumbency advantage help Democrats win the Presidency in 2024. Their best strategy is to simply say "hey look Biden fumbles his words but at least he's not that" and point to the crazy ball of Trump/DeDantis/Bobert/MTG/etc.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Anybody who thought he wouldn't or who thought that a different candidate would fair better doesn't know anything about elections. 

In no world does a bitter and contested primary and losing the incumbency advantage help Democrats win the Presidency in 2024. Their best strategy is to simply say "hey look Biden fumbles his words but at least he's not that" and point to the crazy ball of Trump/DeDantis/Bobert/MTG/etc.

Kamala may get a little more scrutiny this election cycle considering the chance of Biden not fulfilling his term in office if re-elected is quite high.  

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm still absolutely baffled at how you go from Obama, to Clinton, to Grandpa Joe... How the hell is there no one else young and vibrant who can actually lead a party???

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I'm still absolutely baffled at how you go from Obama, to Clinton, to Grandpa Joe... How the hell is there no one else young and vibrant who can actually lead a party???

Voters had that choice in the primary and decided to vote for Biden. I personally voted for a different candidate, but in the context of the 2024 election it makes absolutely no sense for Democrats to move to new leadership. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Kamala may get a little more scrutiny this election cycle considering the chance of Biden not fulfilling his term in office if re-elected is quite high.  

Absolutely agree. I thought she was a pretty mediocre candidate in the primary and she still doesn't really move the needle. I do think, at the end of the day, the problems for Republicans still stay the same. 

The electorate is voting against Republicans and not for Democrats. Until the GOP moves on from "elections are rigged" and their terrible positions on abortion, they're likely to do worse in 2024 then they otherwise would considering the environment. 

• TBH 3

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Voters had that choice in the primary and decided to vote for Biden. I personally voted for a different candidate, but in the context of the 2024 election it makes absolutely no sense for Democrats to move to new leadership. 

Absolutely agree. I thought she was a pretty mediocre candidate in the primary and she still doesn't really move the needle. I do think, at the end of the day, the problems for Republicans still stay the same. 

The electorate is voting against Republicans and not for Democrats. Until the GOP moves on from "elections are rigged" and their terrible positions on abortion, they're likely to do worse in 2024 then they otherwise would considering the environment. 

This will be one of the most lopsided elections that we have seen.

And might be one of the lowest voter turnouts for the R's.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, nic said:

I thought the press secretary continually tells us the southern border is doing great. 1500 troops being sent by the administration. Getting close to an election year I guess.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-immigration-troops-southern-border-68ec4d25fb87b41265019a0ffd20a784#:~:text=WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden,of coronavirus pandemic-era restrictions.

Jesus you whine a lot.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
37 minutes ago, nic said:

I thought the press secretary continually tells us the southern border is doing great. 1500 troops being sent by the administration. Getting close to an election year I guess.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-immigration-troops-southern-border-68ec4d25fb87b41265019a0ffd20a784#:~:text=WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden,of coronavirus pandemic-era restrictions.

The border is a disaster. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1