Biden's America

28 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Plus interest.

remember that loan we forgave you?    now you owe back interest on that.    that will go over well with the young voters affected by that.  guess the dems  can thank MAGA for pushing more voters to the left

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
9 minutes ago, commando said:

remember that loan we forgave you?    now you owe back interest on that.    that will go over well with the young voters affected by that.  guess the dems  can thank MAGA for pushing more voters to the left

Biden's going to veto the thing anyway. It's entirely tied up in the Supreme courts decision. Which I don't see getting through either. How many years of interest is that going back to? 36 months? Lucky I only have like $10,000 left on my loans but i'm not worried about myself. For others if you have $50,000 plus that's going to suck. In today's climate, it just will. Republicans are nothing more than shady car salesmen. Bleed low income people from money as much as they can.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Biden's going to veto the thing anyway. It's entirely tied up in the Supreme courts decision. Which I don't see getting through either. How many years of interest is that going back to? 36 months? Lucky I only have like $10,000 left on my loans but i'm not worried about myself. For others if you have $50,000 plus that's going to suck. In today's climate, it just will. Republicans are nothing more than shady car salesmen. Bleed low income people from money as much as they can.

People knew this would happen when the pause in repayment originally happened.  

Citizen takes out student loan……

Gov says we will pause your payments (if you want) but interest will still accrue ……

Citizen says cool, I agree to those terms……

Gov says ok pause is over, here is what you owe…….

Citizen says WTH, this is unfair for me to pay back what to agreed pay back.    You all are used car salesman for making me do what I said I was gonna do…..

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Gov says we will pause your payments (if you want) but interest will still accrue ……

Citizen says WTH, this is unfair for me to pay back what to agreed pay back.    You all are used car salesman for making me do what I said I was gonna do…..

I don’t have a problem with this…IF the government made it abundantly clear that interest charges would not be paused. 

I don’t know if they did or not but that headline made sound like now the GOP folks want to charge back interest. That’s not cool if it wasn’t predetermined.

And besides that, correct me if I’m wrong, that interest gets paid to banks, not the govt, so why do they care?

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I can't find anywhere the government said interest would still accrue when loan repayments were on pause. Care to share?

4 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I can't find anywhere the government said interest would still accrue when loan repayments were on pause. Care to share?

I am pretty sure when the repayments froze the interest was frozen too.  You were given the option to continue making payments if you wanted to. 

• Plus1 3