Biden's America

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Where does it say interest is retroactively being charged for those student loan holders?  

Did you read the entire Forbes article? 

The House bill would nullify Biden’s loan forgiveness and that includes the last loan repayment pause. Therefore without the pause interest would apply.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I assume you know the article is talking about student loan forgiveness and not retroactively charging the interest on the payment pause for the first 30 months or so of that pause.   

If you are upset that the student loan forgiveness thing may go away, I don’t really care.   I don’t believe in that Biden give away policy and it will probably get smacked down as unconstitutional in the way Biden did it anyways.  

People always live free s#!t, especially young people.   Sometimes others need to be the adults in the room and say enough with the free s#!t. 

it’s kinda crazy how two posts ago you rail about loan forgiveness and now act like it’s gods gift to young voters that needs to happen:lol:

What is hilarious is how in the bag you are for Rs. Only in your distraught imagination am I acting as you claim. It’s pretty easy for the non mentally challenged. The government told loan holders one thing, that loans would be paused at 0% interest, and now Rs have passed a bill that would cause interest to be charged on the last pause period. It’s not right, but that doesn’t matter to you because your party and your favorite politicians want to do it. It’s like you can’t think for yourself. Whatever the Rs want to do, there you are jock riding them. It’s so predictable it’s hilarious….and sad for the rest of us who are capable of thinking for ourselves.

Back on the list.

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 2
19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Did you read the entire Forbes article? 

The House bill would nullify Biden’s loan forgiveness and that includes the last loan repayment pause. Therefore without the pause interest would apply.

yes I did.  

The last loan pause ( only a few months worth of pause) wasn’t even constitutional based on how the original pause was enacted.   So at the very worst, you are talking about a few months of interest accrued on payments that never should have stayed stopped in the first place.  You have to understand and agree that the way Democrats are framing this is retroactive interest on the entire 3 yr pause 

Now, The article is also making assumptions that the interest would accrue retroactively yet when I showed you the resolution, we both agreed the language doesn’t expressly say that.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What is hilarious is how in the bag you are for Rs. Only in your distraught imagination am I acting as you claim. It’s pretty easy for the non mentally challenged. The government told loan holders one thing, that loans would be paused at 0% interest, and now Rs have passed a bill that would cause interest to be charged on the last pause period. It’s not right, but that doesn’t matter to you because your party and your favorite politicians want to do it. It’s like you can’t think for yourself. Whatever the Rs want to do, there you are jock riding them. It’s so predictable it’s hilarious….and sad for the rest of us who are capable of thinking for ourselves.

Back on the list.

i am insulted that you refer to the MAGA cult as the republicans.   the republican party was murdered when Donald Trump shot it on 5th avenue.  please respect the dead by not letting MAGA steal the name "Republican"      

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This bill lists "One-Time Federal Student Loan 6 Debt Relief".  When I google that, I get:

https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/debt-relief-info

If there's debt relief, then that would include interest.  So, anyone who was lead to believe their they received debt relief, would also assume that the interest was not accruing.  So....the Republican's bill is taking away the debt relief.....and retroacting the interest accrued.  

I'm not in favor of forgiving the loans.  But, it's also unfair to tell people the the loans have been forgiven, only to then go back and retro accrue interest.

If they are going to go back and take away the forgiveness, then they need to make them accrue interest starting now, and not make it retroactive.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

yes I did.  

The last loan pause ( only a few months worth of pause) wasn’t even constitutional based on how the original pause was enacted.   So at the very worst, you are talking about a few months of interest accrued on payments that never should have stayed stopped in the first place.  You have to understand and agree that the way Democrats are framing this is retroactive interest on the entire 3 yr pause 

Now, The article is also making assumptions that the interest would accrue retroactively yet when I showed you the resolution, we both agreed the language doesn’t expressly say that.  

Where in the bill does it say the interest is not retroactive?

23 minutes ago, commando said:

i am insulted that you refer to the MAGA cult as the republicans.   the republican party was murdered when Donald Trump shot it on 5th avenue.  please respect the dead by not letting MAGA steal the name "Republican"      

Unfortunately the MAGA cult and the Republican party are one and the same and have been for quite awhile.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If they are going to go back and take away the forgiveness, then they need to make them accrue interest starting now, and not make it retroactive.  

For what’s it worth I agree with you here, And how do we know that isn’t going to be the case.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Where does it say it is? 

Republicans have become very good at putting out bills that don't include necessary wording to describe what they intend.  If they intend to forgive the interest for the time the loans were forgiven, then it needs to be stated in the bill.  This bill doesn't.  It simply states that they are voiding the forgiveness.  So....then, the law is going to go back and assume the forgiveness never happened.  Which....means....the interest is accrued.  

When a bill or law is put in place, there shouldn't be any...."well, we will interpret it how we want later" with something like this where there is a legal contract (loan documents) that are affected by them.

Again, if Republicans don't want the interest retroactive, it needs to be stated in the bill.  If it doesn't state that, then the law is going to believe the interest is not forgiven.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republicans have become very good at putting out bills that don't include necessary wording to describe what they intend.  If they intend to forgive the interest for the time the loans were forgiven, then it needs to be stated in the bill.  This bill doesn't.  It simply states that they are voiding the forgiveness.  So....then, the law is going to go back and assume the forgiveness never happened.  Which....means....the interest is accrued.  

When a bill or law is put in place, there shouldn't be any...."well, we will interpret it how we want later" with something like this where there is a legal contract (loan documents) that are affected by them.

Again, if Republicans don't want the interest retroactive, it needs to be stated in the bill.  If it doesn't state that, then the law is going to believe the interest is not forgiven.

So, long story short, you’re saying the bill doesn’t say what you claim?  

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:  And...completely ignore the rest of what I said.

It's what Archy does repeatedly. Avoid the parts of a post that refute what he's said and focus on minor details to try to move the discussion to quibbling over the insignificant word choices.

• TBH 4