Biden's America

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh man, Biden had some "heels" on his shoes to make him closer to 6 foot!

I LOVE that even when you are the most powerful man in the world...you still wish you were at least 6 feet!  

And remember guys...girls know that if you say you are 6 feet...that you are really 5'10.

You need to ease up on the sauce this early in the morning my dude.

• TBH 1

Just now, commando said:

i am 5'15"

That is awesome!

I swear, females act like men are the ones that judge based off appearance...but if you are under 6 feet...girls think you might as well be 3 feet tall.

All these girls that are 5'2 but demand their man be over 6!  

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You need to ease up on the sauce this early in the morning my dude.

Uh oh...this short king is not happy!

I wish I was drinking...but I am teaching summer school.  No rest for the wicked!

• Plus1 1

Oh noes!  Biden tripped!!!  He shouldn't be President!!!!!

I tripped the other day myself.  Man I better go to the Dr. and get a cognitive test.  I must be getting oooold.  Hopefully my job doesn't find out that I tripped because you know.  I'm obviously not well enough to perform it now having done tripped.

Gotta love slow news days. 

lulz

• TBH 3
4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Oh noes!  Biden tripped!!!  He shouldn't be President!!!!!

I tripped the other day myself.  Man I better go to the Dr. and get a cognitive test.  I must be getting oooold.  Hopefully my job doesn't find out that I tripped because you know.  I'm obviously not well enough to perform it now having done tripped.

Gotta love slow news days. 

lulz

This made my think back and I can't remember the last time I tripped and actually fell to the ground.  

I tripped the other day in my backyard but didn't actually fall to the ground, I did get out some sweet cussing though!

Anyone remember the last time you actually face planted?  Mine might have been about 20 years ago when I tripped over a kids foot while shooting hoops. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This made my think back and I can't remember the last time I tripped and actually fell to the ground.  

I tripped the other day in my backyard but didn't actually fall to the ground, I did get out some sweet cussing though!

Anyone remember the last time you actually face planted?  Mine might have been about 20 years ago when I tripped over a kids foot while shooting hoops. 

I tripped and went down not too long ago.  I turned and started walking and didn't see something laying on the ground.  It hurt like a sumb!^@h.  

I better retire.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I tripped and went down not too long ago.  I turned and started walking and didn't see something laying on the ground.  It hurt like a sumb!^@h.  

I better retire.

Ha!  It is so embarrassing!  

I walked into a door (really, I did, my partner is not beating me), and a few summers ago I walked into the part of a dumpster that extends out...the metal part.  I thought I was going to die.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Here is a less crappy graph:

FUVOGcsWUAIJq-M.jpg

Exactly. Most of Biden's job creation has been making up for what was "lost" during COVID.

I hate the propaganda posts like this from the white house. Sure, it's nice that we have a healthy job market, but it lacks some major context and is misleading.

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

How many need to be "made up" from the pandemic shutdowns?

I'm curious how they come up with the numbers to begin with.  I know a lot of companies had layoffs due to covid and now that the economy has somewhat rebounded, do the jobs that previously existed become "jobs created"?   To me, "jobs created" is a job that did not exist but does now.  Am I way off base here? 

53 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I'm curious how they come up with the numbers to begin with.  I know a lot of companies had layoffs due to covid and now that the economy has somewhat rebounded, do the jobs that previously existed become "jobs created"?   To me, "jobs created" is a job that did not exist but does now.  Am I way off base here? 

It just positions that have been filled if I'm not mistaken. So, basically anybody who has been added to non farm payroll of a company. Yes, jobs that had previously existed count as job "creation". 

• Plus1 1