Biden's America

What I'm expecting off the top of my head, just to start off with.

• Completely undo all of the s#!tty environmental decisions Trump made.
  • Completely undo all of the s#!tty "trade war" related decisions Trump made based on a complete misunderstanding of what a trade deficit is and what it means.
  • Completely undo all of the s#!tty immigration decisions, with a priority on the ones that make it harder for smart people to come here. Those pissed me off the most because my area where I work is more than 50% born outside of America and they are helping an American company. These companies have to give preference to an American if both candidates are equal, which shows there aren't enough Americans to fill all of these spots. In a lot of my grad school classes it was about 20% Americans - in Nebraska. There is absolutely no reason to try to keep smart people out of the country. They are helping the U.S., not hurting it. I would argue the same for immigrants who do manual labor, too. There aren't enough Americans willing to do the jobs they're doing.
  • Biden says he wants to add funding to the police, but for the funding to go toward mental health stuff, and I would imagine he also wants some oversight in departments shown to have problems. He can do the latter with EO like Biden did and Trump got rid of. It will be difficult and maybe impossible with the former, but he could try to work with the GOP Senate to add money to police departments if they agree to some of it being used for this. The problem is, even if the GOP wants it, they won't want Biden to look good. The same tactic they used with Obama.
  • Stop the U.S. government's incompentance when it comes to Covid. Stop lying about numbers, treatments, vaccines. Give the experts the voice they deserve and stop arguing with them. This one should be easy.
  • Fix all of the damage done to all of the departments. Try to get some of the experts back who left or were forced out. Since Biden isn't a complete moron I expect him to actually look at the decisions Trump made and allow any to stay that were actually good and non partisan. I don't expect there to be many of these, though.

Unfortunately without the Senate, we are stuck with the stupid tax cuts Trump brought in, so I don't expect the economy to have a good recovery. Our revenue is going to be severely lacking. The Democrats really need to take the Senate in 2022.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What I'm expecting off the top of my head, just to start off with.

• Completely undo all of the s#!tty environmental decisions Trump made.
  • Completely undo all of the s#!tty "trade war" related decisions Trump made based on a complete misunderstanding of what a trade deficit is and what it means.
  • Completely undo all of the s#!tty immigration decisions, with a priority on the ones that make it harder for smart people to come here. Those pissed me off the most because my area where I work is more than 50% born outside of America and they are helping an American company. These companies have to give preference to an American if both candidates are equal, which shows there aren't enough Americans to fill all of these spots. In a lot of my grad school classes it was about 20% Americans - in Nebraska. There is absolutely no reason to try to keep smart people out of the country. They are helping the U.S., not hurting it. I would argue the same for immigrants who do manual labor, too. There aren't enough Americans willing to do the jobs they're doing.
  • Biden says he wants to add funding to the police, but for the funding to go toward mental health stuff, and I would imagine he also wants some oversight in departments shown to have problems. He can do the latter with EO like Biden did and Trump got rid of. It will be difficult and maybe impossible with the former, but he could try to work with the GOP Senate to add money to police departments if they agree to some of it being used for this. The problem is, even if the GOP wants it, they won't want Biden to look good. The same tactic they used with Obama.
  • Stop the U.S. government's incompentance when it comes to Covid. Stop lying about numbers, treatments, vaccines. Give the experts the voice they deserve and stop arguing with them. This one should be easy.
  • Fix all of the damage done to all of the departments. Try to get some of the experts back who left or were forced out. Since Biden isn't a complete moron I expect him to actually look at the decisions Trump made and allow any to stay that were actually good and non partisan. I don't expect there to be many of these, though.

Unfortunately without the Senate, we are stuck with the stupid tax cuts Trump brought in, so I don't expect the economy to have a good recovery. Our revenue is going to be severely lacking. The Democrats really need to take the Senate in 2022.

add.   fix the frayed relationships with our allies

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Getting it started right. This should've been done long ago. Finally we have a leader taking this seriously so we can get back to normal.

What do you think the task force will say?  I mean, wear masks and stay away from each other, right?  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, commando said:

having a president elect backing their recommendations is a start in the right direction

Sure...which is masks and distancing.  

Jesus, what if that task force says "Don't worry about masks" (it won't happen, but good lord, is Joe going to back that?)

We already know what they are going to say, so...

• Plus1 5
26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure...which is masks and distancing.  

Jesus, what if that task force says "Don't worry about masks" (it won't happen, but good lord, is Joe going to back that?)

We already know what they are going to say, so...

A president that actually recognizes the importance of science and having boots on the ground to combat global diseases is a necessary first step. Trump can blame China all he wants about Covid-19 and have a little point to it, but when you're the president of the United States and not taking steps to actually manage these novel diseases through researchers, scientists, medical professionals, etc. and not actively trying to be proactive, than what do you think happens when the next novel disease arises. Instead of our current mortality rate it's 5 times, 10 times worse. Human history tells us it's not a matter of if, but when. If our leadership isn't taking that seriously, millions and millions of people could be the victims of that inaction. Frankly, it shouldn't even be a political issue. These diseases don't care if your republican, democrat, conservation, liberal. It'll kill ya all the same. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

A president that actually recognizes the importance of science and having boots on the ground to combat global diseases is a necessary first step. Trump can blame China all he wants about Covid-19 and have a little point to it, but when you're the president of the United States and not taking steps to actually manage these novel diseases through researchers, scientists, medical professionals, etc. and not actively trying to be proactive, than what do you think happens when the next novel disease arises. Instead of our current mortality rate it's 5 times, 10 times worse. Human history tells us it's not a matter of if, but when. If our leadership isn't taking that seriously, millions and millions of people could be the victims of that inaction. Frankly, it shouldn't even be a political issue. These diseases don't care if your republican, democrat, conservation, liberal. It'll kill ya all the same. 

Agreed, but I am talking about this particular virus.

What are we going to do differently that we are not already being told to do?

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Agreed, but I am talking about this particular virus.

What are we going to do differently that we are not already being told to do?

For me? For some people to stop b!^@hing about wearing a mask to start. Suck it up, buttercups. Trump wasn't going to tell people what they SHOULD do about wearing masks. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

For me? For some people to stop b!^@hing about wearing a mask to start. Suck it up, buttercups. Trump wasn't going to tell people what they SHOULD do about wearing masks. 

Agreed, they should be wearing masks!

That is what the 12 person panel will tell us.

• Plus1 2