Biden's America

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You're lying to continue trying to shift blame off of McConnell for his actions by pretending that Reid made a rule which McConnell actually made

Reid made the initial rule on Federal Judicial nominees trying to carve out an exemption.  McConnell and others warned him at the time that carve out was bunk and would be changed.  Mitch expanded on Reid’s rule as promised.  
Reid would have eventually done the same thing had a Justice opening come up that was being filibustered and so would have Schumer.  

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid made the initial rule on Federal Judicial nominees trying to carve out an exemption.  McConnell and others warned him at the time that carve out was bunk and would be changed.  Mitch expanded on Reid’s rule as promised.  
Reid would have eventually done the same thing had a Justice opening come up that was being filibustered and so would have Schumer.  

I've already addressed this:

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Reid broke the norm, we agree.

But you're trying really, really hard to excuse McConnell for leading a vote to change another rule. There's tons of evidence the vote happened, was led McConnell, and was used to break the Dem filibuster that would have prevented Gorsuch from getting to the SC. You can keep making excuses and lying about what happened, but we can all see what you're doing.

Bad look for someone who claims to be about personal responsibility.

13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've already addressed this:

Bad look for someone who claims to be about personal responsibility.

You continue to make zero sense, refuse to acknowledge what is being said and just throw out insults in retort.  No further point in discussing with you.  

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Well, this is good news for us regarding Obamacare. 

7-2. Pretty good for a packed conservative court. Did anyone notice the 9-0 decision in favor of the Phili foster care agency?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Wow, I didn't think it would go into effect tomorrow...that's quick work right there.

Government never moves this quickly. What’s the catch? I think everyone was onboard with this one....queue the responses with the list of politicians who weren’t...;)

• Plus1 2

18 hours ago, nic said:

Anyone have predictions for 2022? 

Republicans will flip 20-30 House seats.

The Senate will be wild. Democrats might gain a seat and hold the chamber until 2024, where they will lose the Senate for the foreseeable future. Democrats will likely receive millions of more votes across both House and Senate races. 

This is probably the last time Democrats will hold the trifecta for 20 or more years.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, DevoHusker said:

It certainly feels like a shift in this direction

What a load of BS. Do not fear the corporate overlords owning everything about your life. You can go from one oligarch to the next to find the right master. Trust us, its a good thing!  Im Mike Bloomberg and I approve this message. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

What a load of BS. Do not fear the corporate overlords owning everything about your life. You can go from one oligarch to the next to find the right master. Trust us, its a good thing!  Im Mike Bloomberg and I approve this message. 

I’m with you.

I get that renting can be the better option for many.  But if a person is lucky enough to be happy in a stable job that most likely won’t require being relocated, I would call that person financially irresponsible for not owning a home if they are able.

There is a reason these companies want to own them.

• Plus1 1