Biden's America

From CNN.

...cheers to CNN for mentioning this. All seems accurate to me.

“In West Wing meetings lately, White House chief of staff Ron Klain has impressed upon aides the critical importance of the next few weeks. 

Recognizing the stakes, Biden and his team are sharpening their strategy to confront an epic set of challenges that some of his allies fear could impart lasting political damage: Covid cases are spiking, inflation is up, border crossings are rising, the Taliban are taking over Afghanistan and a much-touted bipartisan infrastructure agreement is teetering on the brink.”

“ at the White House and on the road, the President has begun adopting a more aggressive stance against Republicans and other critics, including on voting rights and the Afghanistan withdrawal. “

“The administration recently launched an offensive against vaccine disinformation it believes is helping to drive Covid cases among the unvaccinated, inadvertently sparking a tiff with Facebook.”

...blaming Facebook was a really dumb move in my opinion. I am pretty sure their censoring is in favor of the Democratic political agenda. Don’t shoot an ally.

“And Biden himself plans to tighten his focus in coming weeks on popular elements of a sweeping legislative agenda that hangs in the balance, according to officials, hoping to sway Americans in red-leaning areas.”

...Good luck with that. The problem is that a 50/50 senate is not a mandate. It requires comprise (if that is even possible) or picking the right battles. Like prison reform during the last administration. 

“Still, internal divides persist among officials in some fraught areas, like immigration and Covid reopening plans, with heightened debate over how single decisions could resonate politically. And Biden's penchant for going off-script has thrown his team into cleanup mode at multiple points so far.”

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I feel bad for him. That was more painful than watching George W speak. I know he has some speech issues, so I try to cut him a break, but I think there is more to it than that. 

• Plus1 4