Biden's America

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If his kryptonite isn't random acts of male masculinity, then I'm out....

I don't know know that I'll ever get on board with intentionally blurring the lines of sexuality in the eyes of our children.

Homosexuality isn't exactly a blurred line. It's looking like about 8% - 10% of humans are homosexual, plenty more are bi, and it's been that way throughout various times and cultures, and quite likely across the animal kingdom. Can debate that until the gay cows come home, but for the millions of kids who thought something was horribly wrong with them, seeing a gay super hero can literally be a life-saver.  We still get to keep our old Superman with the blue tights and red speedo. 

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Biology and evolution show us there is undoubtedly a way sexuality is supposed to work. It's inarguable. 

Now, this doesn't mean gay, or transgender (etc) people should be ridiculed or looked down upon in any way. I just don't think it's behavior that should be endorsed in material intended to be consumed by our children.

I always say "love who you love".

:dunno

10% is obviously a minority, but if something affects only 10% of a population, it means it affects 3 people in a classroom of 30. Or 3 members of a 30 person extended family. This is what brings it home to me, and why I think some people uncomfortable with homosexuality were actually relieved when society decided to relax the stigma.

A lot of sadness and suicide came before it, though. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Car break-ins are also highly organized crime in San Francisco. They have a system and efficiency that says cold, hard cash, not quick drug money. 

In Lincoln it's catalytic converter theft. Or copper theft. Or construction equipment theft.

Highly organized crime exists everywhere. Not all of it gets politicized.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

In Lincoln it's catalytic converter theft. Or copper theft. Or construction equipment theft.

Highly organized crime exists everywhere. Not all of it gets politicized.

Wait. Was Archy making a politicized point? I guess he's the guy and this is the place to do it.

Lot of news bites out there, Arch. What stood out about this one? 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. Was Archy making a politicized point? I guess he's the guy and this is the place to do it.

Lot of news bites out there, Arch. What stood out about this one? 

Never known Walgreens to close stores in such prestigious areas because of crime.  Seemed news worthy

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Never known Walgreens to close stores in such prestigious areas because of crime.  Seemed news worthy

Not sure where you get prestigious areas here. Not that it matters.

The article says Walgreens had already shut down 17 stores in the previous five years. 

If the claim involves the decriminalization of shoplifting, it's certainly worth looking into, although the New York Post certainly isn't going to go to the trouble.