Biden's America

1 minute ago, commando said:

because faux news said it's somehow evil and cnn didn't report on it

CNN didn't report on it because it's unremarkable.

Uneducated Fox viewers only need to hear that the Dems did something and an insinuation that the MSM don't want you to know about it to become outraged and run with it.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

CNN didn't report on it because it's unremarkable.

Uneducated Fox viewers only need to hear that the Dems did something and an insinuation that the MSM don't want you to know about it to become outraged and run with it.

years ago our small town paper used to publish that mr. and mrs. anderson  were  dinner guest of mr. and mrs. johnson.  i never thought about the MSM not reporting on all those clandestine dinner meetings between my neighbors,  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, nic said:

if I remember correctly it was just a couple years ago we all enjoyed cheap energy and energy independence. This article seems to blame Manchin for the higher energy prices in his home state. I suspect the residents think otherwise. If we can be energy independent using alternative energy sources and get it cheaper, sign me up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/politics/west-virginia-coal-rates-manchin-climate/index.html

Are you remembering correctly?

In my 45 years of purchasing gasoline, the prices have been a roller coaster running through every administration with little correlation to party politics.

In my 22 years of heating my house, energy prices have gone nowhere but up. 

50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are you remembering correctly?

In my 45 years of purchasing gasoline, the prices have been a roller coaster running through every administration with little correlation to party politics.

In my 22 years of heating my house, energy prices have gone nowhere but up. 

Dude, heating and cooling my house is like having another car payment.  It is insane.

it doesn't help that my windows are made of swiss cheese but still. 

13 hours ago, nic said:

if I remember correctly it was just a couple years ago we all enjoyed cheap energy and energy independence. This article seems to blame Manchin for the higher energy prices in his home state. I suspect the residents think otherwise. If we can be energy independent using alternative energy sources and get it cheaper, sign me up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/politics/west-virginia-coal-rates-manchin-climate/index.html

I have MAGA friends who constantly harp on the fact that gas was so cheap last year and now it's "at a 7 year high".  They always credit the great Trump for low prices last year and totally blame Biden for them being high this year.

They won't even consider the fact that last summer, the demand for gas plummeted due to the pandemic and this year gas demand is extremely high world wide as people came out of the pandemic and started traveling and driving again.  Another factor is that our economy is crazy right now.  Yes, there are parts of it still hurting.  But, in general, people have cash and they are doing things again.  This adds to all the demand.  

To them, it's like the President has 100% control over the price of gas, which is BS.

It's interesting that prices of everything has gone up like crazy.....but with gas, it's all because of Biden.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, heating and cooling my house is like having another car payment.  It is insane.

it doesn't help that my windows are made of swiss cheese but still. 

When I was in my early 20s and renting a house in Lincoln, we just nailed black garbage bags over the windows.

Kinda worked!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I have no idea why someone would want to fly kids around to obscure airports at 2:00am. 

So....remind me again why I'm supposed to be outraged by this?

And...obscure airport?  Looks to me like Westchester County Airport is at least a decent sized airport.  

Or.....is it only OK if they're flying into LaGuardia?

• Plus1 1