Biden's America

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why are you quoting this to me?

You had asked what the DOJs role was with regard to the national school boards request to investigate parents protesting at meetings. If they were involved with helping draft that memo in the first place its a really bad look.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It is a terrible look. 

If this is true, it will create more distrust of the government. It’s this type of stuff that fuels QAnon and the militias. What was the purpose of the feds going after people at school boards meetings? This is politically stupid so there must be another reason.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, nic said:

If this is true, it will create more distrust of the government. It’s this type of stuff that fuels QAnon and the militias. What was the purpose of the feds going after people at school boards meetings? This is politically stupid so there must be another reason.

I haven’t followed the DOJ stuff you guys are talking about, but I’d assume the reason to look into protestors is to protect board members and other school staff.

I know in our quiet little Elkhorn NE there were home addresses and pictures of family members of the board members  being circulated on social media.

Thats pretty creepy and should be investigated in my opinion.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I haven’t followed the DOJ stuff you guys are talking about, but I’d assume the reason to look into protestors is to protect board members and other school staff.

I know in our quiet little Elkhorn NE there were home addresses and pictures of family members of the board members  being circulated on social media.

Yes.  I agree that once things go from school board issues to becoming a witch-hunt on people’s personnel lives, it’s becomes creepy and dumb 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Some emails leaked that suggest the WH and DOJ helped craft the memo sent to the DOJ by the national school board association.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Yup. And while republicans dither over this, School Board members are going to be hurt.

Fiddling while Rome burns.

VPs aren’t often in the news, and I don’t remember much about any recent VPs.  I read that Kamala’s popularity is lower than Biden’s, but am not sure why, other than she is taking hits on the border situation because she was supposedly put in charge of that. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/politics/kamala-harris-frustrating-start-vice-president/index.html

Edit: CNN talking heads are not happy with this report.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, nic said:

VPs aren’t often in the news, and I don’t remember much about any recent VPs.  I read that Kamala’s popularity is lower than Biden’s, but am not sure why, other than she is taking hits on the border situation because she was supposedly put in charge of that. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/politics/kamala-harris-frustrating-start-vice-president/index.html

Edit: CNN talking heads are not happy with this report.

I don't think I'll live to ever see the day where our government isn't dysfunctional again.  In fact, I think it is going to continue to get worse.  

I'm 40...

• Plus1 1