Biden's America

• 2 weeks later...

Q    Okay.  And then, big cities are dealing with smash-and-grab robberies.  A record number of police officers have been shot and killed this year.  What is President Biden going to do about all this lawlessness?

MS. PSAKI:  Well, Peter, I would say that, one, the President proposed additional funding in his budget over the funding that had been proposed by the prior President to increase and support local police departments, to make sure we keep cops on the beat, and we ensure that local communities are working in partnership to crack down on crime and any dangers they see in their community.  So, that’s one of the steps.

We’ve also worked with a range of communities across the country on strike forces, as you know — something we’ve talked about in the past.  We’re continuing to implement that from the Department of Justice. 

But the President absolutely believes that community police forces can have an important, instrumental effect in helping keep communities safe.

Q    And does the President still think that crime is up because of the pandemic?

MS. PSAKI:  I think many people have conveyed that, and also one of the reasons that crime — one of the root reasons crime we’ve — root causes of crime in communities is guns and gun violence.  And we’ve seen that statistically around the country.

Q    But, to your point, so when a huge group of criminals organizes themselves and they want to go loot a store — a CVS, a Nordstrom, a Home Depot — until the shelves are clean, do you think that’s because of the pandemic?

MS. PSAKI:  I think a root cause in a lot of communities is the pandemic, yes.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Q    Okay.  And then, big cities are dealing with smash-and-grab robberies.  A record number of police officers have been shot and killed this year.  What is President Biden going to do about all this lawlessness?

MS. PSAKI:  Well, Peter, I would say that, one, the President proposed additional funding in his budget over the funding that had been proposed by the prior President to increase and support local police departments, to make sure we keep cops on the beat, and we ensure that local communities are working in partnership to crack down on crime and any dangers they see in their community.  So, that’s one of the steps.

We’ve also worked with a range of communities across the country on strike forces, as you know — something we’ve talked about in the past.  We’re continuing to implement that from the Department of Justice. 

But the President absolutely believes that community police forces can have an important, instrumental effect in helping keep communities safe.

Q    And does the President still think that crime is up because of the pandemic?

MS. PSAKI:  I think many people have conveyed that, and also one of the reasons that crime — one of the root reasons crime we’ve — root causes of crime in communities is guns and gun violence.  And we’ve seen that statistically around the country.

Q    But, to your point, so when a huge group of criminals organizes themselves and they want to go loot a store — a CVS, a Nordstrom, a Home Depot — until the shelves are clean, do you think that’s because of the pandemic?

Idiotic.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Wait, this is real?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And fix the labor force participation rate.  

I don't see that happening since a large part of that problem is people retiring.  LINK

People retiring aren't a problem if they have the financial ability to do so.  And, you''re not all of a sudden going to convince them to reenter the work force unless they need to financially.  Which....obviously, we don't want the government to do.

Birth rates have been decreasing for a long time.  Baby boomers are retired.  

We need immigration.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't see that happening since a large part of that problem is people retiring.  LINK

People retiring aren't a problem if they have the financial ability to do so.  And, you''re not all of a sudden going to convince them to reenter the work force unless they need to financially.  Which....obviously, we don't want the government to do.

Birth rates have been decreasing for a long time.  Baby boomers are retired.  

We need immigration.

Seems we need both.  Plus we need to have those selfish DINK pricks to start having kids!!!   Do you fair share you selfish a$$h@!es:D  

Just like the rich needs to pay their “fair share”. DINK’s need to start contributing their fair share of kids to stabilize the work force for the future. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Here's something that gives you a pretty good idea of the problem.

LINK

And, as you can see, the problem is only going to get a lot worse.  The baby boom generation is retired and people are living longer.  Those people aren't going to all of a sudden come back into the work force and a large portion of them wouldn't be able to if they wanted to.

Sorry, don't know how to copy and past the graph into the post.

This chart shows the number of working age population.  LINK  As you can see, the chart basically flattened out around 2017 and has turned downwards.  This doesn't have anything to do with politics, or participation rate.  The fact is, our labor force is shrinking.  And, that's not good if you want to increase manufacturing and other jobs in the US.  You can want to do that all day long, but if there's not people there to fill the jobs, then it's not going to work.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's something that gives you a pretty good idea of the problem.

LINK

And, as you can see, the problem is only going to get a lot worse.  The baby boom generation is retired and people are living longer.  Those people aren't going to all of a sudden come back into the work force and a large portion of them wouldn't be able to if they wanted to.

Sorry, don't know how to copy and past the graph into the post.

This chart shows the number of working age population.  LINK  As you can see, the chart basically flattened out around 2017 and has turned downwards.  This doesn't have anything to do with politics, or participation rate.  The fact is, our labor force is shrinking.  And, that's not good if you want to increase manufacturing and other jobs in the US.  You can want to do that all day long, but if there's not people there to fill the jobs, then it's not going to work.

So in one of my classes we discuss the "problem" of aging in America and what society should be doing with the aging population.

Let me just tell you right now, if you have kids and they are in HS or around that age...they have zero plans to help you out when you get old! Haha

27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So in one of my classes we discuss the "problem" of aging in America and what society should be doing with the aging population.

Let me just tell you right now, if you have kids and they are in HS or around that age...they have zero plans to help you out when you get old! Haha

Soylent Green....