Biden's America

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No he just cries racist at anything he doesn’t like.  I’m interested in hearing what the racist HUD policies were

Here is an example:

Trump Administration’s Proposed Rule Would Perpetuate Racist and Discriminatory Housing Practices | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (cbpp.org)

A new proposed rule from the Trump Administration’s Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) would make it significantly harder for families to fight housing policies and practices that restrict access to housing or perpetuate disparities for certain people.[1] The rule would dramatically change the standards by which a person or entity, including the federal government, can sue to end discriminatory housing practices through what is known as a “disparate impact” claim, thereby weakening the Fair Housing Act (FHA), a Civil-Rights-Era federal law protecting people who have historically experienced racism and discrimination that limit their housing options. The proposed changes would overwhelmingly tip the scales in favor of landlords and other defendants, letting them keep policies and practices that prevent people of color, women, families with children, people with disabilities, and others from having the fair access to housing that the FHA was intended to protect. This is in direct conflict with HUD’s statutory obligation to affirmatively further fair housing.[2]

Disparate impact refers to policies or practices that seem neutral or fair but in practice — either intentionally or unintentionally — negatively and disproportionally affect certain groups of people. In a housing context, disparate impact claims are a tool for enforcing rights under the FHA, which bans housing discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, and religion.[3] The current rule allows people to bring legal action to stop policies that harm them, for example a landlord requiring tenants to work a certain number of hours a week, which on its face may not seem discriminatory but which reduces housing choice for protected groups, in this case people with disabilities who often work part time to accommodate their health needs.

The Administration’s proposed rule would severely limit plaintiffs’ ability to both bring and win disparate impact claims. It would thereby increase the challenges that low-income people of color, individuals with disabilities, and others such as families with children face finding a place to live. In addition, this proposal could empower communities to restrict these renters and new affordable housing units to certain neighborhoods, limiting the housing choices of those whom the FHA is supposed to protect and likely perpetuating the concentration of low-income renters of color and affordable housing developments in communities that face chronic underinvestment.

While the proposed rule affects many housing market stakeholders, this report primarily describes the impact on renters, especially those receiving federal rental assistance, and rental properties, primarily those financed using the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program. Among renters, we highlight the challenges for renters of color and renters with disabilities because these two FHA-protected groups are most likely to report experiencing housing discrimination, evidence shows.[4]

An Incomplete—and Very Long—List of the Most Racist Policies the Trump Administration Has Tried to Enact (couriernewsroom.com)

18. The administration lays the groundwork for dismantling Obama-era fair-housing rules. 

In August, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson proposed changes to an Obama-era rule aimed at combating segregation in housing policy, the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule.

While the rule didn’t go into effect in 2018, it became a major issue in 2020, when Trump’s administration actively dismantled the policy (more on that below).

28. Trump targeted low-income communities of color by rolling back Obama-era anti-segregation housing rules.

On July 23, the Trump administration made good on Ben Carson’s 2018 proposal to roll back the AFFH. These federal housing regulations were implemented by the Obama administration to help diminish segregation in housing. Trump’s move disproportionately impacts housing options for low-income citizens, and disproportionately affects people of color.

While administration officials insist that this move improves suburban property values and diminishes crime, it’s also a policy that undercuts housing equity, food equity, and education equity for communities of color that have long been victims of racist housing policies. 

I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood…

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 29, 2020

On Twitter, Trump wrote: “I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood.” In case there was any confusion about who the Trump administration was talking about, Trump War Room, a Twitter account managed by his campaign, tweeted a series of mugshots on August 11 of Black Americans who had been accused of crimes. 

On August 12, Trump doubled down on his appeal to suburban housewives, assuring them that his policies would keep their property safe from low-income housing. He also suggested that Cory Booker (D-NJ), a Black senator, would be in charge of low-income housing policy under a Joe Biden administration.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Haha, I don't know specifics about what this means, because it's just a tweet. But anyway, I happen to be great friends with a colleague who is a former Marine. Spent 20+ years deployed across various countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. We literally just had this conversation about this subject, today. Long story short, he say's "They're in the F***ing military. They should be able to sleep anywhere if they are told". Needless to say, I respect his opinion quite a bit. More so than Kyrsten Sinema. Archy of course doesn't even have an opinion. Just trying to start another fire. 

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

those guardsmen would be at home running the locale hardware stores, building houses, doing electrical work, ....you know...their normal everyday jobs and playing army 1 weekend a month instead of being forced to protect our government from far right terrorist incited to attack america by a president who feared losing power.  

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Haha, I don't know specifics about what this means, because it's just a tweet. But anyway, I happen to be great friends with a colleague who is a former Marine. Spent 20+ years deployed across various countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. We literally just had this conversation about this subject, today. Long story short, he say's "They're in the F***ing military. They should be able to sleep anywhere if they are told". Needless to say, I respect his opinion quite a bit. More so than Kyrsten Sinema. Archy of course doesn't even have an opinion. Just trying to start another fire. 

Haha. I happen to have a close HS friend, recently retired Army Ranger, who thinks it bulls#!t how they were treated.  Needless to say I respect his opinion quite a bit too.  

Harry of course Just wants to argue anything even it means agreeing to having troops sleep in parking garages.  

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Haha. I happen to have a close HS friend, recently retired Army Ranger, who thinks it bulls#!t how they were treated.  Needless to say I respect his opinion quite a bit too.  

Harry of course Just wants to argue anything even it means agreeing to having troops sleep in parking garages.  

I'm just relaying what a former Marine said. Like he said, we've had soldiers throughout our history have to sleep in muddy foxholes, freezing temperatures, disease riddled battlefields, all while trying not to get shot or blown up.. but sleeping in a parking garage. That's too much? This is his opinion. That's fine if you and your HS friend don't agree with him, I can assure you he doesn't give f*** about soft little buttercups.