Biden's America

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Nice source LOL....

FKSDsA7XEAkjO_d?format=jpg&name=medium

FKSDsL-WUAgMg5-?format=jpg&name=medium

giphy.gif

Looks like the funds set out for bridge repair didn’t go to other non-essential infrastructure and instead went to a totally separate funding base that has nothing to do with bridge repair.  

It’s my bad for not thoroughly vetting that tweeter message before posting and I own it. 

If I lived in PA, I would still be upset with the legislature for diverting those funds.   The bridge collapse is the extension of what looks to be their financial incompetence.   And before anyone thinks I’m trying to change the subject to dunk on some Dem, I believe R’s control the state legislature.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, JJ Husker said:

I don’t have any trouble understanding or accepting transgender or homosexuals. Some people are just different than the plumbing they were born with. It’s some of these other things I have trouble wrapping my head around.

Maybe you’re the person that can explain non-binary to me? My understanding is the person doesn’t identify as male or female and wants to be referred to as “they” or “them”. Okay, fine. Maybe it’s just my old fashioned binary brain but if they’re not male or female….I….I….I don’t get it. And I’m not sure what that is supposed to tell me about them or what it really means. Why do they feel it is important to let people know that?

A non-binary person once told me to think about it like this: How do you react when someone calls you by the wrong gender? Is it important enough to you to correct them?

Not sure if that helps you understand, but it helped me.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

A non-binary person once told me to think about it like this: How do you react when someone calls you by the wrong gender? Is it important enough to you to correct them?

Not sure if that helps you understand, but it helped me.

I guess I get that part of it. I’m sure nobody likes being referred to as the other gender or a gender they don’t identify with.

My confusion is, if you’re not a boy and not a girl, what is left?  Like I said earlier, it’s probably my binary brain and lifetime of thinking there’s only two choices. I even can handle people falling somewhere on the spectrum, ie 28% male & 72% female. But to claim or feel you are neither gender. To me that’s bordering on identifying as non-human or some such thing. IDK, maybe I should look at it as right in the middle 50-50? But then there’s the whole why and how of it. I’m probably just too old to “get” it. My kids seem to understand and accept these things but they can’t explain them very well either.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I get that part of it. I’m sure nobody likes being referred to as the other gender or a gender they don’t identify with.

My confusion is, if you’re not a boy and not a girl, what is left?  Like I said earlier, it’s probably my binary brain and lifetime of thinking there’s only two choices. I even can handle people falling somewhere on the spectrum, ie 28% male & 72% female. But to claim or feel you are neither gender. To me that’s bordering on identifying as non-human or some such thing. IDK, maybe I should look at it as right in the middle 50-50? But then there’s the whole why and how of it. I’m probably just too old to “get” it. My kids seem to understand and accept these things but they can’t explain them very well either.

I think you're right that you're only thinking that there's two choices when there are other people who don't identify with either choice.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it makes sense that it doesn't make sense, so to speak. Something new, unfamiliar, novel and seemingly breaking the rules doesn't automatically get easily categorized in your brain, because the point is sort of that it's breaking categories. 

• Plus1 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, teachercd said:

If you can pick your gender you can pick your age, it is that simple.

And we should be able to pick both if we want. 

Society tells us we are an adult at 18 and that we are middle aged at 45 and old at 65.

Just like society tells girls to play with dolls and boys play with trucks.

Hell we even invented "tween" and we say dogs age 7 years to our one...

I gotta run...off to my T-ball tourney, looking to go 10/10 with 10 homers...again.  Love being 6!!!

f865d6cfeaadb3d3373ea27d89e35449.jpg

"Heee's got documentation.."   (1:30 mark)

Go hit mucho home runo's teach! and throw the heat!..Did you ever see Benchwarmers?  It reminded me of that lol

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

In Joe’s defense, China is practically America to him and his families bank accounts. 

RNC....lol.  I figured you'd be back to work early today deflecting from the self inflicted wounds the RNC put on itself yesterday.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 2/5/2022 at 6:15 AM, Archy1221 said:

In Joe’s defense, China is practically America to him and his families bank accounts. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=3aa77c571d60

The Chinese government granted a total of 41 trademarks to companies linked to Ivanka Trump by April of 2019—and the trademarks she applied for after her father became president got approved about 40% faster than those she requested before Donald Trump’s victory in the 2016 election

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

fwiw....I have a 20 year old child who announced themselves as nonbinary last year.

That means I should be able to explain this to you less-experienced doubters out there. 

But I'm still  not great at it. Suffice to say almost no one in their world has any problem with this, and if they change their mind down the road, that's not our problem either. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

fwiw....I have a 20 year old child who announced themselves as nonbinary last year.

That means I should be able to explain this to you less-experienced doubters out there. 

But I'm still  not great at it. Suffice to say almost no one in their world has any problem with this, and if they change their mind down the road, that's not our problem either. 

Yall need to do some shots, when they turn 21.  Or at least some tex-mex and a modelo.  Too bad yall in Cali, it's a great combo