Biden's America

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

No. Romney over Trump. I'm not a fan of Mitt, but he's at least a sane person. 

I would take Obama back in a heart beat. I disagree with his foreign policy when it came to drone strikes, even killing OBL in Pakistan was pretty sketchy. I also wasn't a fan of his economic advisors being Goldman Sachs people and the like. Additionally him generally not tackling immigration was a let down. That said I think he was steering us in a good direction economically, socially, and policy wise with many of the shortcomings being the do nothing tactics of the GOP.

This, although I am a bit more tolerant of the drone strikes than some (as a safer option for Americans than boots on the ground) although I do have HUGE concerns over the mistakes and collateral deaths from that program.

But Mitt over TFG without question, and Obama over any of them without question. He's the best president or candidate we've had this century and it's not close. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Energy policy?  The economy and border wall is why Trump won.  Hillary even campaigned on fixing a slow economy 

Energy policy for McCain? Yes, he wanted to invest in nuclear. Which at the time was the right call. Nuclear was the correct stop gap to transition this country away from coal and other fossil fuel power sources until renewables became more economically viable. Being a college aged kid at the time, setting this country up for a prosperous future was most important to me.

Hillary campaigned on the "slow" economy because that's what all the cool kids wanted. She thought she could win some votes from those on the fence. Doesn't make it a reality. GDP, the S&P, unemployment, CPI were all on good steady trends in the right direction for years since the recession under Obama.

Also, Trump won because we have an archaic presidential election system, and Hillary was an awful candidate.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s only about half way done, but the southern wall is one

We can agree that Trump's build the wall rhetoric contributed to his election, but wasn't it more about the rhetoric than the wall itself?

I know you're not stupid, so I'd really like you to walk me through why finishing the wall would be a priority for President Archy. Most pragmatists see it as a structural and administrative boondoggle, and ideologues see it as an over-reaction that does nothing to solve a problem that was already receding, not increasing, making it the kind of Big Government Social Engineering over-reach that conservatives typically decry. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We can agree that Trump's build the wall rhetoric contributed to his election, but wasn't it more about the rhetoric than the wall itself?

I know you're not stupid, so I'd really like you to walk me through why finishing the wall would be a priority for President Archy. Most pragmatists see it as a structural and administrative boondoggle, and ideologues see it as an over-reaction that does nothing to solve a problem that was already receding, not increasing, making it the kind of Big Government Social Engineering over-reach that conservatives typically decry. 

The wall was always a symbol for xenophobia, not a practical barrier. It's more akin to Confederate statues than any real hindrance to illegal immigration. 

To wit:

Monsoon rainfall in southeast Arizona damaged sections of the multi-billion dollar border wall whose construction was a signature policy goal of former President Donald Trump’s anti-immigration agenda. 

A photo of Trump’s “impenetrable” wall of rusted steel bollards taken near the San Bernardino National Wildlife Refuge along the Arizona border with Mexico shows large floodgates ripped from their hinges amid piles of debris after days of monsoon rainfall. 

The damage caused by the recent rains is the latest in a series of incidents that have exposed flaws in the construction of the wall, which cost U.S. taxpayers–not Mexico, as Trump had repeatedly promised–an estimated $15 billion

“This is what happens when [the Department of Homeland Security] waives all environmental laws & ignores basic science to put up a political prop,” said Laiken Jordahl of the Center for Biological Diversity on Twitter about the latest damage

The floodgates are left open during the summer months when heavy rainfall and flash flooding is most likely to occur. Critics of the wall have often cited the gates as evidence that the wall is more a symbol than an effective way to stop migrants from entering the United States illegally. 

“If the point of the wall is to keep people out, with all these doors open it’s not going to do that,” Jordahl told an Arizona TV news station in late July.

President Joe Biden ordered all construction of the border wall halted upon taking office in January. Roughly half of the 452 miles of wall built during Trump’s tenure–the majority replacing existing structures–was erected along Arizona’s southern border. 

Since construction of the wall began, videos have circulated of migrants easily climbing the bollards, six-inch thick squares of steel reinforced with rebar and concrete, including with rope or extension ladders. Human smugglers have also cut through the bollards using cheap tools that can open a gap in the wall in a matter of minutes. 

• Plus1 3
21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Energy policy?  The economy and border wall is why Trump won.  Hillary even campaigned on fixing a slow economy 

Which was pathetic and nothing but political talk. We were going on 7 years of good economy. But, a politician can’t be out on the trail claiming everything is great. They have to act like everyone is suffering and the only fix is voting for them.  

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The wall was always a symbol for xenophobia, not a practical barrier. It's more akin to Confederate statues than any real hindrance to illegal immigration. 

To wit:

Monsoon rainfall in southeast Arizona damaged sections of the multi-billion dollar border wall whose construction was a signature policy goal of former President Donald Trump’s anti-immigration agenda. 

A photo of Trump’s “impenetrable” wall of rusted steel bollards taken near the San Bernardino National Wildlife Refuge along the Arizona border with Mexico shows large floodgates ripped from their hinges amid piles of debris after days of monsoon rainfall. 

The damage caused by the recent rains is the latest in a series of incidents that have exposed flaws in the construction of the wall, which cost U.S. taxpayers–not Mexico, as Trump had repeatedly promised–an estimated $15 billion

“This is what happens when [the Department of Homeland Security] waives all environmental laws & ignores basic science to put up a political prop,” said Laiken Jordahl of the Center for Biological Diversity on Twitter about the latest damage

The floodgates are left open during the summer months when heavy rainfall and flash flooding is most likely to occur. Critics of the wall have often cited the gates as evidence that the wall is more a symbol than an effective way to stop migrants from entering the United States illegally. 

“If the point of the wall is to keep people out, with all these doors open it’s not going to do that,” Jordahl told an Arizona TV news station in late July.

President Joe Biden ordered all construction of the border wall halted upon taking office in January. Roughly half of the 452 miles of wall built during Trump’s tenure–the majority replacing existing structures–was erected along Arizona’s southern border. 

Since construction of the wall began, videos have circulated of migrants easily climbing the bollards, six-inch thick squares of steel reinforced with rebar and concrete, including with rope or extension ladders. Human smugglers have also cut through the bollards using cheap tools that can open a gap in the wall in a matter of minutes. 

• Plus1 1

So I get the lack of sex is troublesome personally, but did you read to the end about the lower divorce rate?  I mean, to say there is less coupling and less divorces is probably a good thing right?  Especially for those who put a lot of value on two parent households, long term relationships etc.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The inflation has eaten up those hundreds of dollars in payments.  

What's being called inflation is nothing more than price gouging by corporate monopolies. They are using the excuse of the pandemic to line their pockets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Especially when you are at the bottom of the supply chain with over supply and low demand. And the corporate overlords that are engaged in the illegal practices of price fixing are raking it in, recording record profits while blaming inflation. - Its a freaking joke. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

What's being called inflation is nothing more than price gouging by corporate monopolies. They are using the excuse of the pandemic to line their pockets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Especially when you are at the bottom of the supply chain with over supply and low demand. And the corporate overlords that are engaged in the illegal practices of price fixing are raking it in, recording record profits while blaming inflation. - Its a freaking joke. 

You're way over simplifying the situation to condemn companies.  Is there some price gouging?  Sure.  But, there is also some serious inflation that people are trying to use this to deflect from.

• Plus1 2