Biden's America

I said before the last presidential election that whoever succeeds Trump would never untangle the damage done by the Trump mafioso family.  It will take decades to re-establish the structure of the Constitutional Government of a free democracy.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Goal-line said:

I said before the last presidential election that whoever succeeds Trump would never untangle the damage done by the Trump mafioso family.  It will take decades to re-establish the structure of the Constitutional Government of a free democracy.  

One could say that about the radicalization of the Supreme Court alone, let alone all the corruption and proud ignorance, anger and hate that the man himself normalized.

Given their penchant for pushing a right-wing agenda from the bench, it seems the only method of redress is for Congress to give up it's favorite pastime of performative nothingness and do their damn job.

Given one half of our political dichotomy has a worldview based on the whole of the government being non-functional, that's going to be a real heavy lift.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Gas prices will continue to drop as summer comes to an end.  Refineries will have their annual "shut down for maintenance" excuse done and oil companies will begin to drill using the 9,000 requested permits issued by the government.  The public will once again see how they have been gouged by the gas industry.  

• Plus1 2

On 7/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, BigRedBuster said:

The article predicted that it could be at $60 a barrel by the end of the year. Problem is, it would be because of a recession. 

Let's not forget the pretty penny oil companies have still been making *cough* fleecing. 

21 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I gotta call BS on this. Dropping gas prices have been nowhere to be found around here. I saw them drop about 3 cents a week or so ago but have been holding pretty steady around $4.70/gal ever since they rose to that level.

21-22 days straight my a$$.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I gotta call BS on this. Dropping gas prices have been nowhere to be found around here. I saw them drop about 3 cents a week or so ago but have been holding pretty steady around $4.70/gal ever since they rose to that level.

LOL.  

28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, it's plateaued here as well. It's still costing me close to 90 bucks to top off a 16 gallon tank with premium at Costco. Been that way for a month now.