Biden's America

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Ooh big spender, premium !!! :P

Gotta get those extra horses some how! If I use regular it recalibrates the fuel map, and the only way to get it back (and get my horsepower back) if you switch to premium again is to unplug the battery for awhile to reset the ECU.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  I was thinking that too!

If there is a difference between premium gas and regular gas...well...I don't see that being real.

There's a difference on higher performance engines you'll lose some horsepower. Maybe 10 or 15hp.

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Let's not forget the pretty penny oil companies have still been making *cough* fleecing. 

This isn't directed at you, but to the media perp.  

NACS says there are 145K  gas stations in the US.  

The jon cooper BREAKING story counts  2k stations...... let's do the math before we universally give high-fives across the country.

Talk to me when it's back under 2.75

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, admo said:

This isn't directed at you, but to the media perp.  

NACS says there are 145K  gas stations in the US.  

The jon cooper BREAKING story counts  2k stations...... let's do the math before we universally give high-fives across the country.

Talk to me when it's back under 2.75

Only time in the last decade it was under 2.75 (when adjusted for inflation) was 2020. Bold move being willing to brave another pandemic just for cheap gas. Amazing TFG is worshipped now for cheap gas, but is absolutely forgotten that him f^cking up covid so damn bad is the only reason it was so low. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  I was thinking that too!

If there is a difference between premium gas and regular gas...well...I don't see that being real.

There is a difference.  Premium (A-Grade) has very little oil in it from refining and has a higher octane (91-93) coming from the refineries and is the best stuff you can put in your regular vehicle.  

The regular gas that you are talking about is a combo of 50% (A-Grade) and 50% (V-Grade).   V-Grade is a sub-grade of gas that usually has an octane of 81-83 and is blended with A-Grade to get an octane of around 85-87.   The 90/10 or super unleaded is 90% of V-Grade and 10% of ethanol which gives you an octane of around 85-87.  

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

So in 12-18 months (or sooner) a lawsuit regarding the executive order (or executive orders in general) will be heard at the Supreme Court at which point the conservative majority will issue a ruling that the president does not have the authority to do this by executive order, and word it in such a way that effectively castrates the executive branch of the government and its ability to affect change by either executive order or through agency rulings - already setting up for this with the EPA ruling today.