Biden's America

41 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So in 12-18 months (or sooner) a lawsuit regarding the executive order (or executive orders in general) will be heard at the Supreme Court at which point the conservative majority will issue a ruling that the president does not have the authority to do this by executive order, and word it in such a way that effectively castrates the executive branch of the government and its ability to affect change by either executive order or through agency rulings - already setting up for this with the EPA ruling today. 

Sounds about right but hopefully, if the SC does shut down executive orders like this, it will be broad enough to apply to all future exec orders. i.e. to Trump or the next President.

Of course the proper way to deal with these things would be an effective legislature that mirrored what their constituents actually want. Yeah I’m dreaming…

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
51 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sounds about right but hopefully, if the SC does shut down executive orders like this, it will be broad enough to apply to all future exec orders. i.e. to Trump or the next President.

Of course the proper way to deal with these things would be an effective legislature that mirrored what their constituents actually want. Yeah I’m dreaming…

No, no. The precedent only applies when they want it to. When trump is reelected and writes his own EO they will says it's ok.

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I gotta call BS on this. Dropping gas prices have been nowhere to be found around here. I saw them drop about 3 cents a week or so ago but have been holding pretty steady around $4.70/gal ever since they rose to that level.

21-22 days straight my a$$.

This very well probably is like global warming where someone goes outside on a really cold day and says it's a hoax.  

I'm guessing some areas of the country are seeing a drop and the others are staying steady.  I think ours in central Nebraska dropped about 10 cents recently.  My wife filled up this morning and was told at the gas station that it's supposed to drop another 11 cents today.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This very well probably is like global warming where someone goes outside on a really cold day and says it's a hoax.  

I'm guessing some areas of the country are seeing a drop and the others are staying steady.  I think ours in central Nebraska dropped about 10 cents recently.  My wife filled up this morning and was told at the gas station that it's supposed to drop another 11 cents today.

Yes, it’s all anecdotal depending on what area a person lives. That’s what annoys me when these yahoos tweet out or publish things like “gas prices drop for 22 consecutive days”. Sure, maybe, the national average or something dropped but it doesn’t mean d!(k in places where it has increased or hasn’t dropped.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Embarrassing to watch.   Please Dems:  Nominate someone younger!!!

I mean, he is Weekend at Bernies.

He is not calling the shots, he is not "in charge"

It is pretty amazing that the greatest country in the world elected a TV personality followed by a guy that doesn't know where he is.

2024 will be the first time where (hopefully) see two people under the age of 55 (I think, I have no clue how old Newsome and Desantis are)

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1