Biden's America

7 hours ago, jaws said:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/8/23296678/ev-tax-credit-qualify-battery-supply-chain-china

Auto manufacturers better get moving on their battery plants. It would be great if they figured out a more sustainable battery technology that can be easily recycled. 

I think a version of these rules already applies under the USMCA Trump implemented. Batteries need to be 75%made in the US or they get hit with a 3 to 4 percent tariff. That was supposed to take effect in 2020.

One thing I like about Biden is when he is unintentionally honest.:lol:

"What we're doing today, what we passed yesterday, helping to take care of everything from health care to God knows what else," Biden said during a speech in Kentucky after touring the state's flood damage.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well said. 

Something we agree on..  Hopefully they offshore accounts will be identified repatriated and fined 100% just like every other rich assh*le that abuses every loophole they can find, lobby to have the tax code written especially to benefit them and still hide income in tax havens to avoid paying their fair share. They should all wind up in line at a soup kitchen.

• Plus1 1

Why are all the Rs flipping out over the IRS finally being given the resources to do their job?  87,000 new agents does sound a bit excessive but you only need to worry about them “coming for you” if you’ve been cheating on your taxes. I’d rather not go through an audit but I’m not worried about the result of one in the least. Guessing that is not the case for almost each and every R politician. Good place to start imo.

• Plus1 2