Biden's America

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Why are all the Rs flipping out over the IRS finally being given the resources to do their job?  87,000 new agents does sound a bit excessive but you only need to worry about them “coming for you” if you’ve been cheating on your taxes. I’d rather not go through an audit but I’m not worried about the result of one in the least. Guessing that is not the case for almost each and every R politician. Good place to start imo.

Exactly.  I’m so tired of this issue and republicans obviously are perfectly fine with tax cheats. Or, simply not being able to get an answer from the irs. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  I’m so tired of this issue and republicans obviously are perfectly fine with tax cheats. Or, simply not being able to get an answer from the irs. 

Maybe fix the tax code so we don’t 87,000 more IRS agents and be worried that we missed something in the hundreds of pages of paperwork to look through and calculate.  That might be a good start.   And you really believe that the IRS is really just going to look into the “rich people and complicated business’s”.   LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe fix the tax code so we don’t 87,000 more IRS agents and be worried that we missed something in the hundreds of pages of paperwork to look through and calculate.  That might be a good start.   And you really believe that the IRS is really just going to look into the “rich people and complicated business’s”.   LOL

Are you friggen serious?   It doesn’t matter what the tax code is if the irs doesn’t have the funding to enforce it. 

• Plus1 2

So it is noted. Republicans do not want to fund the IRS so they can enforce the tax laws. 

FYI, I think there are a lot of Democrat politicians that don’t want that either. 

If they did, the IRS would have been able to keep up with technology so maybe they don’t need so many new employees. But, those people don’t want it easy to see who isn’t paying. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Do you not believe in math?  Here are some scenarios for what I’m talking about.  Let’s say we had the following tax structures instead of the monstrosity full of loopholes we have now.  You act like the IRS isn’t even funded at the current time….

1). No income tax but just a national sales tax.  How many IRS agents are needed for that compared to our current structure.  How long would an audit take and how many agents and AR 15’s for them would actually be needed
2). A flat tax.   How many IRS agents are needed for that and how long would it take to audit a single person or business compared to the length of time it takes to audit someone now and how many AR’s would they need? 

3) a lower tax rate structure but with fewer or no loopholes or deductions.  Again, how many agents are needed and how long does each audit take compared to our current structure.  

That’s just a few examples.  Math and time :facepalm:

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you not believe in math?  Here are some scenarios for what I’m talking about.  Let’s say we had the following tax structures instead of the monstrosity full of loopholes we have now.  You act like the IRS isn’t even funded at the current time….

1). No income tax but just a national sales tax.  How many IRS agents are needed for that compared to our current structure.  How long would an audit take and how many agents and AR 15’s for them would actually be needed
2). A flat tax.   How many IRS agents are needed for that and how long would it take to audit a single person or business compared to the length of time it takes to audit someone now and how many AR’s would they need? 

3) a lower tax rate structure but with fewer or no loopholes or deductions.  Again, how many agents are needed and how long does each audit take compared to our current structure.  

That’s just a few examples.  Math and time :facepalm:

Until something different is designed, do what we can to not let the IRS do their job, right?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Until something different is designed  Do what we can to not let the IRS do their job, right?

Who said that because it wasn’t me.   I was responding to the face palm post and trying to portray what I meant by it being a math and time issue if the tax structure was simplified (which was my actual original point) that you didn’t seem to think was serious. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who said that because it wasn’t me.   I was responding to the face palm post and trying to portray what I meant by it being a math and time issue if the tax structure was simplified (which was my actual original point) that you didn’t seem to think was serious. 

The IRS needs resources to function the way it should. 

You don’t support that. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I have zero problem if the IRS goes after the “average joes” too.

A lot of people only work for cash on side jobs to avoid taxes.  While using company equipment.  

We had a college aged nanny when the kids were younger.  We paid with checks or cash.  Her parents were actually kind of upset when they realized we claimed daycare expense on taxes because that means they could link those payments to her daughter.

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s two different issues.

Many/most people would agree that we need to simplify the tax code. But how easy are those kind of changes going to be within our currently dysfunctional congress? Those morons couldn’t even agree to take care of our veterans. With the rich funding politicians election campaigns and the politicians only concerned with keeping those people happy and the dollars flowing into their coffers, it’s not a very likely thing to happen any time soon.

But currently we have a tax code and laws that are not able to be enforced due to underfunding of the IRS. It doesn’t matter if all these new agents focus on the rich tax cheats as stated or if they also venture into the middle class BECAUSE IT’S ONLY A CONCERN FOR THE TAX CHEATERS. Explain to me why we should allow anyone who isn’t paying in what they are supposed to, to continue to get away with it. How is that fair and equitable?

Needing to revamp the tax code is no reason to prevent the IRS from being able to do their job.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I have zero problem if the IRS goes after the “average joes” too.

A lot of people only work for cash on side jobs to avoid taxes.  While using company equipment.  

We had a college aged nanny when the kids were younger.  We paid with checks or cash.  Her parents were actually kind of upset when they realized we claimed daycare expense on taxes because that means they could link those payments to her daughter.

I bet you enjoyed doing the interviews!  Ha

31 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s two different issues.

Many/most people would agree that we need to simplify the tax code. But how easy are those kind of changes going to be within our currently dysfunctional congress? Those morons couldn’t even agree to take care of our veterans. With the rich funding politicians election campaigns and the politicians only concerned with keeping those people happy and the dollars flowing into their coffers, it’s not a very likely thing to happen any time soon.

But currently we have a tax code and laws that are not able to be enforced due to underfunding of the IRS. It doesn’t matter if all these new agents focus on the rich tax cheats as stated or if they also venture into the middle class BECAUSE IT’S ONLY A CONCERN FOR THE TAX CHEATERS. Explain to me why we should allow anyone who isn’t paying in what they are supposed to, to continue to get away with it. How is that fair and equitable?

Needing to revamp the tax code is no reason to prevent the IRS from being able to do their job.

Yes…I agree. 

• Plus1 1