Biden's America

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve heard the talking point about about replacing retiree’s, but why would they need a bill for that?  Has the IRS always needed a separate bill like this to replace its retirees?  

Why? Maybe because the IRS has been severely underfunded for a long long time. Some of their systems still use Cobol from the 60s. I don’t recall the exact percentages but they are down over 30% of their workforce. The numbers of audits of the richest have decreased something like 90% because of the shortages. If you call them for help, I believe the average wait time had increased to 8 hours or more.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Why? Maybe because the IRS has been severely underfunded for a long long time. Some of their systems still use Cobol from the 60s. I don’t recall the exact percentages but they are down over 30% of their workforce. The numbers of audits of the richest have decreased something like 90% because of the shortages. If you call them for help, I believe the average wait time had increased to 8 hours or more.

Exactly.  Every organization is having to increase pay to attract talent.  So...they need more funding to do that.  But...hey....let's blow this up to be this army of evil people coming after Americans.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Why haven’t they needed a seperate bill to replace retirees the last few years?   Or did no one retire until now?  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  Every organization is having to increase pay to attract talent.  So...they need more funding to do that.  But...hey....let's blow this up to be this army of evil people coming after Americans.

If that’s the rational, why didn’t every other Gov funded agency need a separate bill, or why were they not included in this bill, to replace retirees or for pay increases. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Why haven’t they needed a seperate bill to replace retirees the last few years?   Or did no one retire until now?  

The same way it took bills to lowering the IRS funding to begin with: https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-irs-was-gutted

And the boomer generation is reaching retirement age, so it should be no surprise there are more people retiring: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/09/the-pace-of-boomer-retirements-has-accelerated-in-the-past-year/

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If you have to dig down to the President of the notoriously mis-managed Fisker complaining, then it only proves how lucky you are to be living in Joe Biden's America.

When will you overhaul your entire belief system and join us, Archy? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1