Biden's America

22 hours ago, nic said:

I feel bad for the President. My 90+ year old mom does this at times. I don't understand why him running again is even an option. The Dems have plenty of candidates.

Wtf is this even supposed to be? It looks like she clearly doesn't agree with him running and he's searching for a way to not say that, but not be a complete liar.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

23 hours ago, funhusker said:

You posted an article that blames Trump for causing inflation in the “Biden’s America” thread.

So I guess “we” is “you”…

1) I posted an article in response to a specific poster who claimed to chuckle about something he didn’t seem to understand.   I helped him out with that.

2). I’ve always blamed Trump admin for their Covid spending and anyone wanting to do an ounce of searching will see I blamed that on the start of the eventual inflation.   The unnecessary Biden Covid stimulus put inflation on steroids.  This is all common knowledge and not in dispute by most economists.  

Your “gotcha” game has been really off these past few weeks/months.  

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1) I posted an article in response to a specific poster who claimed to chuckle about something he didn’t seem to understand.   I helped him out with that.

2). I’ve always blamed Trump admin for their Covid spending and anyone wanting to do an ounce of searching will see I blamed that on the start of the eventual inflation.   The unnecessary Biden Covid stimulus put inflation on steroids.  This is all common knowledge and not in dispute by most economists.  

I was just clarifying who “we” was.

Why the pointless and snide remark at the end?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not really. It contributed but not by huge numbers. 

For months, economists have debated the American Rescue Plan’s impact on inflation. While many economists agree that the stimulus law did worsen inflation by giving people more money to spend, they continue to disagree about the extent...

...High inflation in the U.S. has not been driven by any unique American policy — not the American Rescue Plan and other generous fiscal relief during the pandemic recession and recovery nor anything else U.S.-centric,” the researchers wrote.

Bivens also pointed to the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s research on housing inflation and said that price gains in the United States were mostly driven by pandemic-related events that would have occurred without the stimulus — like supply chain disruptions and increased demand for housing. And although he said he believed the American Rescue Plan had inflationary impacts, the trade-off was necessary to stave off higher unemployment numbers.

This is pretty common knowledge. Inflation is high everywhere because most of the world is suffering from the same issues - high demand and a supply chain that can't meet it.

Most places are worse than the United States. Inflation in the Eurozone is 9.9%, compared to the 8.2% in the US. If anything, the United States is doing better on the inflation front while simultaneously keeping the job market at historic levels.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Wtf is this even supposed to be? It looks like she clearly doesn't agree with him running and he's searching for a way to not say that, but not be a complete 

So searching for an indirect answer...I might buy that.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Not really. It contributed but not by huge numbers. 

This is pretty common knowledge. Inflation is high everywhere because most of the world is suffering from the same issues - high demand and a supply chain that can't meet it.

Most places are worse than the United States. Inflation in the Eurozone is 9.9%, compared to the 8.2% in the US. If anything, the United States is doing better on the inflation front while simultaneously keeping the job market at historic levels.

Why is inflation in the Eurozone higher than the US most recently when it trailed the US Inflation rates by a good margin?  Hint……….(energy)………..(Russia)  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Stop with the..  covid caused inflation, the stimulus caused inflation, the president caused inflation nonsense. Its a bunch of bs. Corporate global monopolies are the cause of inflation. It is their greed driving the price hikes. It's been proven over and over again. The monopolies have run amuck and disassociated prices from normal supply and demand economics across industries. Unless and until they are reigned in, we are screwed.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

So searching for an indirect answer...I might buy that.

I mean the guy is clearly not as sharp as he once was, but people (the same ones who gave Trump a pass) are literally trying to find anything to hang him with (this coming from a poster who defended some of the weird things Trump said and got blowback here for it).

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Why is inflation in the Eurozone higher than the US most recently when it trailed the US Inflation rates by a good margin?  Hint……….(energy)………..(Russia)  

So you're going to give a big thank you to Biden for his energy policies keeping prices lower than our Western peers?

Good thing we don't have this guy anymore (sorry I would link the actual tweet but this bozo has his account suspended for trying to destroy Democracy, you Rs really know how to pick the good ones):

Just spoke to my friend MBS (Crown Prince) of Saudi Arabia, who spoke with President Putin of Russia, & I expect & hope that they will be cutting back approximately 10 Million Barrels, and maybe substantially more which, if it happens, will be GREAT for the oil & gas industry! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 2, 2020

.....Could be as high as 15 Million Barrels. Good (GREAT) news for everyone! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 2, 2020

Who was President in 2019 pre-pandemic? Must've been an oil hating Democrat! 

The U.S. rig count had been on the decline for most of 2019 and really made a turn in mid-October. Given the typical six-month lag between rig numbers and production levels, U.S. shale production was primed for a decline in March and April. The demand destruction from the global pandemic accelerated the drop, but it was coming either way. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So....let's recap.

The US and Europe are buying a lot of gas from Russia.  Russia invades Ukraine which disrupts the flow of that gas.  

1). Russia is responsible for the higher energy prices in Europe.

2).  Russia is not responsible for the higher energy prices in the US...it's all Biden's fault.

Do I have this right?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let's recap.

The US and Europe are buying a lot of gas from Russia.  Russia invades Ukraine which disrupts the flow of that gas.  

1). Russia is responsible for the higher energy prices in Europe.

2).  Russia is not responsible for the higher energy prices in the US...it's all Biden's fault.

Do I have this right?

Your recap is trying to equate EU and US as having the same reliance on Russian energy.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're total disregard of the fact that it's a global market is telling about how little you're willing to understand about the oil and gas industry.

You aren’t understand the concept of  or total disregard of “locally served area” either.  

example…..When refineries in the US have issues, gas prices are affected much more in the areas served by those refineries.  Hence, EU is affected more by Russia than we are.   This isn’t really in dispute by any sane economist.   Yet you try and dispute it:dunno

• Plus1 1