Biden's America

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree but at least they started somewhere and with the greatest impact. They could/should be doing this with many drugs across the board, for all ages. But, you know, big pharma political contributions etc. 

I imagine they started with seniors because it will also benefit medicare and therefore the government’s ability to keep providing benefits.

They started with a $35 cap on insulin, period. The Senate vote to pass this was 57-43, 3 short of the required 60.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They started with a $35 cap on insulin, period. The Senate vote to pass this was 57-43, 3 short of the required 60.

So what are you saying?

The $35 cap is not going to happen? That it applies to everyone? Not sure what your post means.

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So what are you saying?

The $35 cap is not going to happen? That it applies to everyone? Not sure what your post means.

You were talking about the reason they started with seniors. They started with seniors because they couldn't get the law passed to apply to everyone. I don't know the details of why but they were still able to get it for people on medicare. Maybe it didn't even require a vote. Not sure.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, teachercd said:

It should be the same price for everyone. 

I believe (if I understand it right) this ultimately might benefit way more than just Medicare people.  

I know some insurance companies have agreements that they will only pay a certain price compared to Medicare.  

So, if Medicare pays $1,000, insurance might pay $1,250.  

But, this doesn’t help people paying out of pocket.  

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

You were talking about the reason they started with seniors. They started with seniors because they couldn't get the law passed to apply to everyone. I don't know the details of why but they were still able to get it for people on medicare. Maybe it didn't even require a vote. Not sure.

Ah okay, gotcha.

Just a wild guess but I’m thinking the repubs are prob why they couldn’t get it passed. They seem to be opposed to anything healthcare related that might actually help somebody.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, JJ Husker said:

So what are you saying?

Basically they wanted to cap Insulin at $35 dollars for everybody. However, to pass this into law, Democrats needed to get 10 Republicans on board to get to a total of 60 votes, which passes the filibuster. They only got 7 Republican votes, so it failed to be implemented for all.

However, through the reconciliation process, Democrats tried to get the $35 insulin cap passed again. However, the Senate Parliamentarian ruled that the rules of the reconciliation process doesn't allow for this. Congress can only pass laws that strictly deal with budgetary issues through the reconciliation process, and thus, they were able to pass a $35 dollar insulin cap for Medicare recipients because it's a goverment run program.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

hDiEHiK.jpg

hDiEHiK.jpg

hDiEHiK.jpg

Republicans really are brilliant, basing their entire political strategy around extremely volatile oil prices.

• TBH 1
47 minutes ago, knapplc said:

hDiEHiK.jpg

hDiEHiK.jpg

hDiEHiK.jpg

LOL:laughpound

Jan 25, 2021…..WTI Crude $52.77. 
Jan 4, 2023…….WTI Crude. $73.74

I’m no math major, but that looks about 40% higher than when Mr. I Did That took over :dunno

Congratulations and well done if that’s what your going with I guess:lol:

• Plus1 1