Biden's America

56 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I wonder if part of the problem isn’t that they really aren’t all that important. I can easily see our government classifying almost everything top secret to hide mundane info.

I agree here.  Gotta be too much overclassification to avoid media requests etc..

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ohhhh.  I guess I remember that we were told the keystone pipeline wouldn’t create jobs and didn’t provide much for the economy.   I guess Joey’s admin disagrees now.  

The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs and would have had a positive economic impact of between $3.4-9.6 billion, citing various studies. A previous report from the federal government published in 2014 determined 3,900 direct jobs and 21,050 total jobs would be created during construction which was expected to take two years.

Cleaning up leaks takes a lot of people I gues....

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I know it's good fodder for the knuckle draggers but for those of us with a few brain cells.

That first line is not true. Trump could have had thousands of pages, but it was only about 300 documents total from the 3 events (initial disclosure, grand jury subpoena, and FBI raid). I haven't kept up, but I think Biden is now over 20 documents. Initially it was 10, then they just keep coming in...

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Joe is like “oh s#!t, I messed up……at least 5 different times in multiple places and kept secret documents for over 15 years.   C’mon, Now where’s my jello?”  

The primary difference being cooperating with the DOJ and National Archives.

Where your boy Trump lied to the FBI multiple times and they had to raid Mar-A-Lago after Trump racked up a few felonies to get them back. 

But hey, both sides! 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The primary difference being cooperating with the DOJ and National Archives.

Where your boy Trump lied to the FBI multiple times and they had to raid Mar-A-Lago after Trump racked up a few felonies to get them back. 

But hey, both sides! 

Cooperating is the smart play.  Not from a "look at me, I am a good guy" standpoint but it is easier to control things when you do it that way.  Joe knows the game, it is a lot easier to give the stuff that he stole up...then use his friends and connections to make it go away.  If Joe really had cared about this, he would not have stolen the stuff in the first place.  He is only "cooperating" because he got caught.

Trump is doing it the moronic way and making it worse for himself after stealing the stuff.  

This is like two kids that get in trouble for doing something wrong but one of them knows how to play the game, the other is going to be defiant until the end.

There is only. one side to this (if you are not in love with one of them), they both did illegal things, they both knew they did illegal things.  That is it, that is the only side.

Acting contrite after stealing stuff doesn't matter, why should it?  We are not dealing with a 10 year old kid that stole a candy bar. 

Just do this, if Trump had come right out and acted like Joe did with the stolen files, would you be applauding him?  No, of course not and nor should you.

Trump should be in prison.

Joe should be in prison.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Cooperating is the smart play.  Not from a "look at me, I am a good guy" standpoint but it is easier to control things when you do it that way.  Joe knows the game, it is a lot easier to give the stuff that he stole up...then use his friends and connections to make it go away.  If Joe really had cared about this, he would not have stolen the stuff in the first place.  He is only "cooperating" because he got caught.

Trump is doing it the moronic way and making it worse for himself after stealing the stuff.  

This is like two kids that get in trouble for doing something wrong but one of them knows how to play the game, the other is going to be defiant until the end.

There is only. one side to this (if you are not in love with one of them), they both did illegal things, they both knew they did illegal things.  That is it, that is the only side.

Acting contrite after stealing stuff doesn't matter, why should it?  We are not dealing with a 10 year old kid that stole a candy bar. 

Just do this, if Trump had come right out and acted like Joe did with the stolen files, would you be applauding him?  No, of course not and nor should you.

Trump should be in prison.

Joe should be in prison.  

You should be in prison 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just do this, if Trump had come right out and acted like Joe did with the stolen files, would you be applauding him?  

Well no, I'm not a huge Biden fan (I was a Buttigeg fan in the primary).

But both sidesing this one is sort of funny. One cooperated, the other needed an FBI raid after lying about cooperating multiple times.

Does that mean Biden is good? No. He should be investigated and punished. But it's not the same as the Trump fiasco at Mar-A-Lago.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1