Jump to content


Biden's America


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I even started offering a bonus if they are here for three months.  
 

Yet.....they come in, work for two days and never show up again so they get fired.  

So I teach HS and so many of my students will tell me how they got a new job.  I will ask them about it like two weeks later and 7/10 times I get an answer like "Oh that, yeah, I just quit, I stopped showing up, in fact the manager has called me like 5 times" or "Yeah, I let them know I can't work after the second day and I got a new job at ________________ but I am not sure if I will start there or not because one of my friends works at so-so and can get me a job there"

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

7 minutes ago, Fru said:

 

Lol well clearly something isn't working right. Just because you have difficulty hiring doesn't mean there's a nexus for rampant Unemployment Insurance fraud. If companies are struggling with hiring and retention, some inward self reflection might be more beneficial than claiming it's everyone else's fault.  

 

Have you ever met people?

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Is it that there are not enough workers in your area or they just don't want to do that work?  

The post you quoted was referring to people working in minimum wage jobs. My point was meant to point out that they don’t NEED to work those jobs in my area because there are other companies wanting to hire them at a higher wage....but, they choose to stay at minimum wage. 
 

our unemployment is extremely low and we pull workers from several counties. 

Link to comment

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The post you quoted was referring to people working in minimum wage jobs. My point was meant to point out that they don’t NEED to work those jobs in my area because there are other companies wanting to hire them at a higher wage....but, they choose to stay at minimum wage. 
 

our unemployment is extremely low and we pull workers from several counties. 

Yeah that seems odd to me!  Is it like back breaking work at your place?

 

If given the choice of more money or less money, I would pick more money.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So I teach HS and so many of my students will tell me how they got a new job.  I will ask them about it like two weeks later and 7/10 times I get an answer like "Oh that, yeah, I just quit, I stopped showing up, in fact the manager has called me like 5 times" or "Yeah, I let them know I can't work after the second day and I got a new job at ________________ but I am not sure if I will start there or not because one of my friends works at so-so and can get me a job there"

Some might say this is racist and sexist, but white males under 30 are the worst group.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Fru said:

 

I'm sure I'll get laughed at for referring to the Unemployment Insurance law again, but here goes. 

 

https://dol.nebraska.gov/PressRelease/Details/153

 

"Quitting A Job Without Good Cause

Workers who quit a job without good cause are not eligible for unemployment insurance benefits."

 

So if someone voluntarily quits without good cause, they're ineligible for benefits. 

Yep....but, they don’t know that.  So, they file for unemployment right away and we have to go through the process to fight it.  

Link to comment

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Some might say this is racist and sexist, but white males under 30 are the worst group.  

When say the 'worst group,' do you mean in terms of your experience hiring and retaining people that fit that demographic?

 

(not trying to pick a fight or phish for anything, btw)

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

When say the 'worst group,' do you mean in terms of your experience hiring and retaining people that fit that demographic?

 

(not trying to pick a fight or phish for anything, btw)


it’s mainly the overall quality of the hire. This group tends to have way more of an entitlement attitude. So, that affects their work ethic, getting mad if they are told what to do, getting up in the morning so they aren’t late, Unexcused absences so they get fired....etc.  

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...