Biden's America

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Republican voters, being highly reasonable and who truly care about America, are no doubt going to conclude that Biden is flawed but his "legal" problems are non-existent. They will compare obvious political theater Congressional Republicans have conducted with that of the actual legal issues of Trump and will vote accordingly.

Trump is going to win this nomination in an absolute blowout. He may actually call DeSantis a CRT-laced-trans-woman on the debate stage and get a booming applause for it. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

22 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Republican voters, being highly reasonable and who truly care about America, are no doubt going to conclude that Biden is flawed but his "legal" problems are non-existent. They will compare obvious political theater Congressional Republicans have conducted with that of the actual legal issues of Trump and will vote accordingly.

Trump is going to win this nomination in an absolute blowout. He may actually call DeSantis a CRT-laced-trans-woman on the debate stage and get a booming applause for it. 

If you want Biden for another term (Which no one does but no one wants Trump either) you want him to go up against Trump.

There are no new trump voters out there.  We know his cap is what he got last time but more than likely less.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you want Biden for another term (Which no one does but no one wants Trump either) you want him to go up against Trump.

There are no new trump voters out there.  We know his cap is what he got last time but more than likely less.

I have zero desire to have Trump that close to winning an election.

• TBH 1

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And it won't be.  It will either be just like last time or a Biden landslide.  

Does anyone know, at all, personally, one NEW trump voter?  

We're a 20 cent increase in gas prices next summer from the Republican nominee being favored to win. 

The election is going to come down to 5 swing states, all will be extremely close.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And it won't be.  It will either be just like last time or a Biden landslide.  

Does anyone know, at all, personally, one NEW trump voter?  

After 4 years revealing himself to be worse than imagined, Donald Trump got 10 million more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.

The path to victory isn't more Trump voters, it's a less enthused Democrat base and/or an increase in the 80 million eligible Americans who simply don't vote. Some red state governments have spent the last four years implementing ways to reverse electoral votes that don't go their way. 

Donald Trump winning the Presidency was always considered laughable, but here we are. 

Merely giving him the platform as the Republican Candidate for the next 18 months feels nauseating and dangerous. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

After 4 years revealing himself to be worse than imagined, Donald Trump got 10 million more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.

The path to victory isn't more Trump voters, it's a less enthused Democrat base and/or an increase in the 80 million eligible Americans who simply don't vote. Some red state governments have spent the last four years implementing ways to reverse electoral votes that don't go their way. 

Donald Trump winning the Presidency was always considered laughable, but here we are. 

Merely giving him the platform as the Republican Candidate for the next 18 months feels nauseating and dangerous. 

I am not a D...so a D would have to explain WHY you would be less enthusiastic.

Gas prices?  Okay, maybe

Jobs?  Nope

Peace?  Nope

Budget?  Nope

Inflation?  Ehhh, maybe?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am not a D...so a D would have to explain WHY you would be less enthusiastic.

Gas prices?  Okay, maybe

Jobs?  Nope

Peace?  Nope

Budget?  Nope

Inflation?  Ehhh, maybe?

• Concern for Biden's age.

• Uncomfortable with Kamala Harris.

• Relatively new to the Democratic Party and not inherently loyal.

• Believing America is not in a better place right now -- Biden's fault or not. 

• Already cynical four years ago. More cynical today. 

• Whatever else convinces 80 million voters their vote doesn't matter.

We're not talking about the base. We're talking about the millions of bridge voters (or non-voters) who determine the election. Fear of Trump will definitely drive voters to the polls, hopefully in increased numbers, but a deep distrust in the entire process can keep them away. 

That's where you come in, Mr. Not a D.  You may be the key to the whole ball of wax!

Tell me again why we shouldn't worry, and whether you are currently inclined to vote D, R, Protest Vote or Not At All. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

• Concern for Biden's age.

• Uncomfortable with Kamala Harris.

• Relatively new to the Democratic Party and not inherently loyal.

• Believing America is not in a better place right now -- Biden's fault or not. 

• Already cynical four years ago. More cynical today. 

• Whatever else convinces 80 million voters their vote doesn't matter.

We're not talking about the base. We're talking about the millions of bridge voters (or non-voters) who determine the election. Fear of Trump will definitely drive voters to the polls, hopefully in increased numbers, but a deep distrust in the entire process can keep them away. 

That's where you come in, Mr. Not a D.  You may be the key to the whole ball of wax!

Tell me again why we shouldn't worry, and whether you are currently inclined to vote D, R, Protest Vote or Not At All. 

Sure...

More jobs than ever

lowest unemployment ever

The Harris thing is maybe an issue but Biden is pretty much already "not there" and it its fine, I think they can pump him with enough drugs and/or "Dave" him (great movie) if need be.

Cynical?  Maybe, I guess I don't know.

America not in a better place?  I mean, not according to the jobs, unemployment (I guess banks sucking a$$ is an issue)

Here is the thing...the people that voted for Biden last time based on some idea of morals, are either voting for him again OR were huge frauds and hypocryts 

Not only do I think Biden will win, but I think Trump will see one of the lowest R turnouts in recent history.

Remember all that "red wave" talk...that is all it was.  Talk.

4 more years of Joe...by then Trump will never run again...then all this is over.

Maybe you are right but it seems like you are basing it all off Biden voters all of a sudden not liking Joe.  I don't know any that don't like him.

• TBH 2

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sure...

More jobs than ever

lowest unemployment ever

The Harris thing is maybe an issue but Biden is pretty much already "not there" and it its fine, I think they can pump him with enough drugs and/or "Dave" him (great movie) if need be.

Cynical?  Maybe, I guess I don't know.

America not in a better place?  I mean, not according to the jobs, unemployment (I guess banks sucking a$$ is an issue)

Here is the thing...the people that voted for Biden last time based on some idea of morals, are either voting for him again OR were huge frauds and hypocryts 

Not only do I think Biden will win, but I think Trump will see one of the lowest R turnouts in recent history.

Remember all that "red wave" talk...that is all it was.  Talk.

4 more years of Joe...by then Trump will never run again...then all this is over.

Maybe you are right but it seems like you are basing it all off Biden voters all of a sudden not liking Joe.  I don't know any that don't like him.

You keep using logic, and we lost that years ago.

I do believe your scenario is possible and maybe probable: a Trump candidacy built around his extremist base will alienate the moderates and independents the GOP needs, and put him out to pasture for good. 

But if the question is whether we should ROOT for Trump to win the primary because he'll be easy game?  Like the other poster, I just don't want him that close because the nation remains pretty nuts, and worst case scenarios are on a good run. 

• Plus1 2
On 5/11/2023 at 6:49 AM, knapplc said:

So you now agree that your original statement that "the press secretary continually tells us the southern border is doing great" is wrong. Good.

No. There are other example but I am not wasting my time trying to appease you. It's a press secretaries job to distort reality....But as promised...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/12/us/title-42-expires-border-immigration-friday/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/08/us/gallery/us-mexico-border-title-42/index.html

My boss is at a family gathering 1 mile from the border in Brownsville, he said its getting tense.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2023-05-12/biden-border-crisis-historic-surge-despite-washington-rhetoric

image.thumb.png.b9df852093312bce41b0540217e8ded7.png

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1