Biden's America

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Exactly. Most of Biden's job creation has been making up for what was "lost" during COVID.

I hate the propaganda posts like this from the white house. Sure, it's nice that we have a healthy job market, but it lacks some major context and is misleading.

Such is the nature of politics. I personally find it more funny than anything, but it is something both parties do because it works.

Now, I would say that the economic recovery is very robust, and snapping back all the jobs past during COVID is still an accomplishment. In the UK and other European countries, recovering jobs lost during COVID has proven difficult. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Such is the nature of politics. I personally find it more funny than anything, but it is something both parties do because it works.

Now, I would say that the economic recovery is very robust, and snapping back all the jobs past during COVID is still an accomplishment. In the UK and other European countries, recovering jobs lost during COVID has proven difficult. 

I wonder what % of jobs have turned into work from home jobs.  It has to be a crazy number. 

• Plus1 1
On 6/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, teachercd said:

Anyone remember the last time you actually face planted?

I was walking around a trampoline and didn't see one of the tie-down cables and went biff. Similar to what happened to Biden. I think I was 40?

I had a complete yard sale on my bike (well, off my bike) four years ago. Road rash, cracked helmet, tore up my shirt and knuckles sliding on the bike path.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I was walking around a trampoline and didn't see one of the tie-down cables and went biff. Similar to what happened to Biden. I think I was 40?

I had a complete yard sale on my bike (well, off my bike) four years ago. Road rash, cracked helmet, tore up my shirt and knuckles sliding on the bike path.

Oh my god, the trampoline tie-down!  I don't think there is one person that has NOT been tripped or has almost been tripped by that thing!

My friend in college was riding his bike and did the "on your left" thing to some old ladies...well, they proceed to freak out and move to the left, he turned to avoid them and face planted in this mud puddle.  He came home and was covered in mud and scrapes.  

• Plus1 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:24 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, if we are being fair and honest, the jobs creation is largely a function of an unprecedented global pandemic and economic chain reaction, and neither U.S. president can shoulder the credit or blame for that graph.

On the other hand, the U.S. economy has rebounded much better than both our economic allies and our economic rivals, and that's something all Americans should be celebrating.  

• TBH 1
39 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, if we are being fair and honest, the jobs creation is largely a function of an unprecedented global pandemic and economic chain reaction, and neither U.S. president can shoulder the credit or blame for that graph.

On the other hand, the U.S. economy has rebounded much better than both our economic allies and our economic rivals, and that's something all Americans should be celebrating.  

Coming at a time when the Federal Reserve is trying to limit growth as much as possible no less.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yep. 

My left leg had zero response. I couldn't have kicked over a styrofoam cup. 

I will never rush down the stairs to get something out of the printer again. 

But I am playing pickleball.

My god that sound horrible?  Could you even like get up when it first happened?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My god that sound horrible?  Could you even like get up when it first happened?

Yes. At the time there was a crater in my knee where the quad had snapped and recoiled, but it looked like a dislocated knee cap to me, and that seemed like something I could work with. Within minutes I stood up and realized I could put almost full weight on my leg without pain, I just couldn't get it to move forward on its own. Now under the Biden administration, we're all moving forward. Thanks for asking. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1